APA Publication Manual 6th edition
What is APA Style?
APA style for documentation is widely used in the behavioral and social sciences, including psychology, sociology, economics, education, nursing, social work, and criminal justice. APA style prescribes a set of requirements for the formatting of a research paper. While the manual gives specific rules and examples, there may be a need at times for interpretation of the guidelines. Consultation with your professor about the specifics of APA style is always recommended.
The new edition has been revised and updated to include:
- The latest guidelines and examples for referencing electronic and online sources;
- New and revised guidelines for submitting papers electronically;
- Improved guidelines for avoiding plagiarism;
- Simplified formatting guidelines for writers;
- All new guidelines for presenting case studies;
- Improved guidelines for the construction of tables;
- Updates on copyright and permissions issues for writers.
- New reference examples for audiovisual media and patents.