If your archive or repository is missing or listed incorrectly, please fill out our update form. Please contact Special Collections & University Archives at (407) 823-2576 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
This institutional archives includes documentation of the construction of the Center in the 1930's including photographs and other records of the life of a large medical center. A friends group hopes to build a small museum on the grounds still hopes to establish a small museum to house the archival materials. A scrapbook of the first African American LPM nurse to serve in Pinellas County is included. Currently all material is stored in the Medical Library and access is by appointment only.
The museum contains approximately 2,000 artifacts, 2,500 photographs and a library containing 200 volumes of local and Florida History. Included in the museum collection is an electronic archive of the Dunedin Times Newspaper, from 1924 through 1965. The collection includes antique clothing, household tools and utensils used by Dunedin pioneer families during the 1870's through the 1900's.
The Clearwater Public Library curates the “Pinellas Memory” collection, which includes historical digital resources from Clearwater and Pinellas County. In addition, they hold the archives of the now-defunct “Clearwater Sun” newspaper, which includes microfilm, photographs and clips. They also have a collection of local yearbooks, city directories and other resources on Internet Archive, as well.
A Local history collection of primarily photographs of buildings and people in the area. Most have been digitized for the Pinellas Memory database which has materials from five county contributing libraries. Partners with Pinellas Genealogy Society to provide a permanent home for maps, magazines, journals, CD-ROMs, microfiche, microfilm, US Census records, numerous Pinellas County cemetery records and obituaries and over 10,000 genealogy related books.
Indoor and outdoor museum featuring exhibits about local history, live reenactments and a library collection documenting county history including 8,500 photographs, oral and video histories, maps, yearbooks, scrapbooks, city directories family papers, business records, newsclippings, slides and postcards. Has 3,500 volumes dealing with topics ranging from Pinellas County and Florida history to genealogy and historic conservation and preservation.
The collection contains artifacts, photographs and documents relating to the development of Old Tampa Bay and Safety Harbor from Native Americans who settled Pinellas County to toys from the 50s-80s and much more in between. Also offers a variety of workshops on writing, arts and crafts.
This repository documents the business of racing in Florida and the South and includes racing books from 1925, records of past performance of greyhounds and photographs. It is the oldest continuously operating greyhound track in the world and still owned by the same family who started it.
Dedicated to preserving Florida’s aviation heritage and to promoting Florida aviation, aerospace, and airports. Since 1977, FAHS members have built and flown reproductions of some historic aircraft including the reproduction of the world’s first airliner, the 1914 Benoist Airboat.
Dedicated to preserving Florida’s aviation heritage and to promoting Florida aviation, aerospace, and airports. Documents the history of airports and aviation in Florida. Since 1977, FAHS members have built and flown reproductions of some historic aircraft including the reproduction of the world’s first airliner, the 1914 Benoist Airboat. That first New Year’s Day flight heralded what we have since come to know as “The Birth of The Global Airline Industry.”
This museum, organized in 1991, collects materials documenting all aspects of the holocaust through art, photographs, vital records, personal papers, video-taped interviews, etc. Has a library of nearly 6,000 books. The Museum’s collecting activity extends backward to the end of the World War I and forward to the close of the Jewish displaced persons (DP) camps in the mid-1950s.
Pinellas County’s oldest museum was founded in 1921. The Museum library includes city directories, news clippings with subject lists, over 8000 Digitized Photos, Sanborne Maps, original and copies of maps as old as 1600, real estate Platt books, personal papers, business records, military and tourist ephemera, oral histories, etc., documenting St. Petersburg and the Pinellas peninsula.
Institutional archives plus special collections including local and regional history, marine science, natural history, journalism and media studies collections such as the papers of Nelson Poynter, founder of the St. Petersburg Times, the William Hamilton Underground Newspaper collection and The 'Muggs and Skeeter' Cartoon Collection of Wally Bishop. Also created the USFSP Digital Archive as a repository of significant print and “born digital” materials.
St. Petersburg College, formerly St Petersburg Junior College, is the oldest community college in Florida and the library holds documentation from the beginning of the college circa 1930. The library houses special collections featuring the Gibbs Junior College Collection, the M. Carolyn Parker Microform Collection from Wendell Ware, the William C. Cramer Collection, a Russian language collection and the St. Petersburg College Archives.
Holds extensive collections documenting the Gulf Coast Barrier Islands from the Southern pass of Pass-A-Grille through North Redington Beach. Post cards from years past, hundreds of photos showing the growth progression of the beach communities, memorabilia of two island schools, church artifacts and over 35 albums of different pioneer families, clubs and island events over the past 100 years.
Historic official town and county records. Ordinances, resolutions, motions, agenda and minutes of Commission and Board meetings, agreements, elections files, lobbyist files, boards and committee files.
Collections of local family documents, photographs, school memorabilia, post cards, letters, newspapers, maps, records from Tarpon Springs area businesses, and other types of documents and records. Located in the Historic Train Depot Museum, the front rooms of the building have been restored to "be as they were" when it was a working railroad station.