See also Foreign & International Government Information & Related Resources and Resources for Statistics, Demographics & Census for other resources about the demographics and cultures of countries, including links for Country Studies and CIA World Factbook.
Business Source Premier - select "Enhanced Business Searching Interface"
and then Browse: Country Reports
browse by country or region to retrieve country reports from Business Monitor, CountryWatch, Datamonitor, EIU, Global Insight, Going Global, Icon Group, OECD, PRS Group, and Superintendent of Documents.
LexisNexis Academic - Country Profiles
- PRS Group International Country Risk Guide (1989+) - for each of 128 countries "provides a detailed country-by-country breakdown of the comparative risks of operating in, investing or lending to particular countries using a three-dimensional evaluation system that weighs the composite risk and identifies the disaggregated political, financial and economic risks by indicator."
- PRS Group Political Risk Service(1987+) - "presents accurate and rigorous analysis of present and future political and economic conditions in the 85 countries most important to international business. The reports are invaluable in planning for changes in government and essential in making decisions about upcoming projects. Reports can be used to develop market currency values, assess political risk insurance and foreign credit risk, capital investment and corporate security. Reports follow a standardized format:
- Executive summary - includes 18-month and 5-year forecasts based on political, economic, demographic and social data.
- Background - reviews geographical details, territorial and maritime disputes, social and economic conditions, power structures and climate for business.
- Comprehensive forecasts - covers regime stability, political turmoil, international investment restrictions, trade restrictions and economic policies."
MarketLine Business Information Center (MBIC)