Crime & Delinquency
Criminal Justice and Behavior
Criminal Justice Review
Health & Justice
Journal of Quantitative Criminology
Journal of Research in Crime & Delinquency
Social Science Quarterly
"a comprehensive database of U.S. and international criminal justice journals. The database provides research support for students interested in careers in criminal justice, law enforcement, corrections administration, drug enforcement, rehabilitation, family law, and industrial security. The database includes abstract and indexing for 250 titles, with more than 100 available in full-text."
Sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. Includes information from an international selection of over 2,600 journals and other serials publications, plus conference papers, books, and dissertations.
provides access to databases covering the international literature in the social sciences, including politics, sociology, social services, anthropology, criminology and education
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (ASSIA)
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
- PAIS International
- PILOTS: Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress
- ProQuest Criminal Justice
- ProQuest Education Journals
- ProQuest Political Science
- ProQuest Social Science Journals
- ProQuest Sociology
- Social Services Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
American Psychological Association's (APA) renowned resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health.
"contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Ninety-eight percent of the covered material is peer-reviewed. The database also includes information about the psychological aspects of related fields such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, technology, linguistics, anthropology, business, law and others. Journal coverage, which spans from the1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,500 periodicals in dozens of languages."
* 1927-1947 Microfilm BF1.P65
* 1948-2004 print in remote storage
"maintains a data archive of more than 500,000 files of research in the social sciences. It hosts 16 specialized collections of data in education, aging, criminal justice, substance abuse, terrorism, and other fields."
UCF is an ICPSR member, so faculty, students, and staff may create an account to deposit or download data sets.
"The NCJRS Abstracts Database contains summaries of over 200,000 U.S. and international publications, including federal, state, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, audiovisual presentations, and unpublished research."
- Alternatives to incarceration
- Crime deterrence and prevention
- Criminal justice statistics
- Drug policy
- Juvenile justice
- Law enforcement
- Police training
- Probation and parole
- Victims of crime
Indexing and full text of articles for array of scholarly and popular topics. Provides full text for over 4,600 scholarly journals covering the social sciences, humanities, science, cultural studies, education, and much more.
contains citations from legal journals, yearbooks, institutes, bar association organs, law reviews, and government publications originating in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
print index General Collection K 9 .N75 (1926+)
"OpenCongress allows anyone to follow legislation in Congress, from bill introduction to floor vote. Learn more about issues you care about and connect with others who share similar views."
- Bills: Use the tabs to review legislation from the current Congress. Perform an advanced search to find bills from previous sessions.
- Senators & Representatives: Find information about the lawmakers currently serving in the U.S. Senate & House of Representatives and explore their profiles on OpenCongress.
- Votes: Review all roll call votes to date in the 113th U.S. Congress.
- Issues: Find bills by more than 4,000 issue areas using the classification system designed by the Congressional Research Service, a nonpartisan think tank of Congress.
- Committees: Select a House or Senate committee to see membership related bills, and to track it on OpenCongress.
- Groups: Find Groups by searching for keyword, browsing by issue area, or by popularity.
Full text of five major papers:
- Christian Science Monitor (1980+)
- Los Angeles Times (1985+)
- New York Times (1980+)
- - New York Times Book Review (indexing 1986+; full text 1997+)
- - New York Times Magazine (indexing 1986+; full text 1997+)
- Wall Street Journal (1984+)
- Washington Post (1987+)