Business & Company Resource Center includes information from Encyclopedia of Global Industries, International Directory of Company Histories, World Market Share Reporter, Major Companies of the Arab World, Major Companies of South West Asia, etc.
Business Source Premier - select "Enhanced Business Searching Interface"
browse for Company Profiles, Industry Profiles, and Market Research Reports from ABS Energy Research, Datamonitor and Gartner. Includes SWOT Analyses.
Europages - "Search for details (telephone, fax, email contact, address) of a product supplier or a service provider in Europe."
MarketLine Business Information Center (MBIC) - Datamonitor reports
- Company Information includes SWOT Analysis and links to the profiles of Top Competitors. Browsing can be refined by industry, geographic region/country, number of employees, and annual revenue.
- Industry Profiles provide market size, share, and segmentation data plus detailed analysis and company information. Browsing can be refined by industry and by geographic region/country.
Mintel Current provides market research reports for various industries, including information about market drivers, size & trends, segmentation, supply structure, advertising & promotion, and retail distribution. The UCF Library subscription includes the following report categories:
- Consumer Goods Intelligence: Europe
- Finance Intelligence: UK
- Horizons: UK
- Irish Series
- Mintel Reports: UK
- Mintel Reports: USA
- Retail Intelligence: International
- Travel & Tourism: International
Thomas Global Register provides information about global industrial suppliers and products. Browse or search by product, company name and country/region.
Databases which are no longer available due to budget cuts:
Investext Plus - "With a rich backfile to 1982, search this database to find investment, company and industry reports from over 500 brokers in North America, Europe, Asia/Pacific, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East. All company and industry reports are provided in full page PDF image."
Mergent Online - (Subscription cancelled due to budget cuts.)
- International Universe = Non-U.S. publicly traded companies
- U.S. Company Universe = Active publicly traded U.S. companies
- Provides financials (15 years), ratios, annual reports, subsidiaries, history, etc.
- Provides comparison reports against the industry or a custom group of companies, including calculation of group averages for financials and ratios.
- Index Searches - Argentina (Bolsa, Merval/Burcap), Australia (ASX 200), Belgium (BEL 20), Brazil (Ibovespa, IBX 50), Canada (TSX 60, TSX Composite, TSX Small Cap), Denmark (KFX 20), Dow Jones (Global Titans 50, Industrial, Transportation, Utility), Finland (HEX 25), France (CAC 40, SBF 80), Germany (DAX 30, Prime Standard Market), Greece (FTSE-ASE 20), Hong Kong (Hang Seng), Hungary (BUX), Israel (TA 25), Italy (MIB 30), Luxembourg (LUX 10), Mergent Dividend Achiever, Mexico (IPC), NASDAQ National Market, Netherlands (AEX 25), New York Stock Exchange, Norway (OSEBX), Peru (IGBVL), Poland (WIG 20), Portugal (PSI 20), Russell 1000, S&P (1500, 500), South Africa (All Shares, FTSE/JSE Top 40), Spain (IBEX 35), Sweden (OMX), Switzerland (Swiss Market Index SMI), Turkey (ISE National 30), UK (FTSE 100, FTSE 250), Venezuela (IBC).