includes entries for individual countries regarding the system of education
- General Background
- Politics & Goals of the Education System
- The Formal System of Education
- Administrative & Supervisory Structure & Operation
- Educational Finance
- Supplying Personnel for the Education System
- Curriculum Development & Teaching Methodology
- The System of Examinations, Promotions, & Certifications
- Educational Assessment, Evaluation, & Research
- Major Reforms in the 1980s and 1990s
- Major Problems for the Year 2000
World Education Encyclopedia: A Survey of Educational Systems Worldwide
This country-by-country survey of educational systems provides detailed essays on the histories, legal foundations, and primary and secondary educational systems of 233 countries. This updated and expanded edition gives users up-to-date coverage of reorganized educational systems and high-interest topics such as technological advances.
"consists of more than 400 terms, phrases, concepts, U.S. Supreme Court decisions, significant contributors to the American macroculture from the country’s various racial and/or ethnic backgrounds and key events, and court cases related to multicultural education"