"The Adult Education Research Conference (AERC) is an annual North American conference that provides a forum for adult education researchers to share their experiences and the results of their studies with students, other researchers, and practitioners from around the world."
"The mission of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE) is to provide leadership for the field of adult and continuing education by expanding opportunities for adult growth and development; unifying adult educators; fostering the development and dissemination of theory, research, information, and best practices; promoting identity and standards for the profession; and advocating relevant public policy and social change initiatives."
"The Association for Career and Technical Education® is the largest national education association dedicated to the advancement of education that prepares youth and adults for careers. It's our mission to provide educational leadership in developing a competitive workforce."
"The Association for Talent Development (ATD) is a professional membership organization supporting those who develop the knowledge and skills of employees in organizations around the world. The association was previously known as the American Society for Training & Development (ASTD)."
"Career Education Colleges and Universities (CECU) support the work of our members in providing access, opportunity and quality education to students seeking new or enhanced career skills. The association shall engage in advocacy, communications, professional development and research that advance the work of this sector."
"The National Career Development Association (NCDA) provides professional development, publications, standards, and advocacy to practitioners and educators who inspire and empower individuals to achieve their career and life goals."
Florida Associations - Career & Technical Education
1. FACTE works to encourage professional development by promoting networking, leadership development, and technical updating among members.
2. By fostering excellence in career and technical education, we work to continuously improve our local programs offered in schools statewide.
3. FACTE strives to advocate legislation and public policies that enhance career and technical education.
4. We also conduct activities that result in association growth through membership development, retention and satisfaction.
5. Finally, we strive to strengthen the image of career and technical education at all levels by developing, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive marketing plan.