The IEEE Xplore digital library is a powerful resource for discovery and access to scientific and technical content published by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) and its publishing partners.
Subject areas include:
- Communication, Networking & Broadcasting
- Components, Circuits, Devices & Systems
- Computing & Processing (Hardware/Software)
- Engineered Materials, Dielectrics & Plasmas
- Engineering Profession
- Fields, Waves & Electromagnetics
- General Topics for Engineers (Math, Science & Engineering)
- Nuclear Engineering
- Photonics & Electro-Optics
- Power, Energy & Industry Applications
- Robotics & Control Systems
- Signal Processing & Analysis
delivering full text access to the world's highest quality technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics. Includes most IEEE journals, conference proceedings, and standards.
IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL) includes access to the full text of IEEE content published since 1988 with select content published since 1872 from:
- IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines, including early access documents
- IEEE conference proceedings
- IET journals
- IET conference proceedings
- IEEE published standards
- IEEE Standards Dictionary Online VDE VERLAG Conference Proceedings includes complimentary access to the AbstractPlus records and select full text published since 2005 Bell Labs Technical Journal includes access to the AbstractPlus records and full text articles published from 1922 IEEE-Wiley eBooks Library includes full text access to all IEEE-Wiley eBooks titles copyrighted in the year(s) 1974-2013 Individual Online Journals includes access to all AbstractPlus records and full text published since 2005 from:
- Systems Engineering and Electronics, Journal of
cancelled due to budget cuts.
the industry's most comprehensive source of hardcopy technical industry standards and government and military standards and a variety of highly acclaimed reference books, manuals, and comprehensive guides.
IHS Standards Store*
cancelled due to budget cuts.
the world's largest collection of technical standards, codes, and regulations from your most trusted publishers and standards developing organizations.
As of December 19th, 2014, Alexander Street Press decommissioned In the First Person.
An Index to letters, Diaries, Oral Histories and Personal Narratives, in-depth index of close to 4,000 collections of personal narratives in English from around the world.
"Because it’s hosted on an older platform, we have not been able to maintain this free resource adequately. Usage has dwindled as a result of the many technical challenges we’ve faced in keeping the site current. We’re storing the data, and in the coming years as our text resources migrate to a newer platform, we’ll keep our customers informed of developments. Click here if you would like to receive our updates.
Alexander Street Press offers a number of resources focused on personal letters, diaries, oral histories, and other first-person narratives, available via annual subscription or one-time purchase of perpetual rights, including:
North American Women's Letters and Diaries
British and Irish Women's Letters and Diaries
The American Civil War: Letters and Diaries
North American Immigrant Letters, Diaries, and Oral Histories
Black Thought and Culture
Oral History Online
Manuscript Women's Letters and Diaries from the American Antiquarian Society"
contains citations from legal journals, yearbooks, institutes, bar association organs, law reviews, and government publications originating in the United States, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
print index General Collection K 9 .N75 (1926+)
Short index entries from the 296 printed volumes of the Official Index to the London Times which covers the years 1906-1980 inclusive.
Printed Index - General Collection AI 21 .T46 (1929+)
See also the London Times research guide
Significant findings and practical applications in agricultural, food and beverage, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries are assembled in this journal,an indispensable resource for research laboratories and academic libraries.
Informe Académico proporciona acceso a periódicos y revistas especializadas de lengua española y portuguesa. La base de datos ofrece una amplia gama de contenidos sobre América Latina.
Informe Académico provides access to Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines. The database offers a wide range of content both from and about Latin America.
"Inspec includes bibliographic citations and indexed abstracts from publications in the fields of physics, electrical and electronic engineering, communications, computer science, control engineering, information technology, manufacturing and mechanical engineering, operations research, material science, oceanography, engineering mathematics, nuclear engineering, environmental science, geophysics, nanotechnology, biomedical technology and biophysics."
Also Known as: Physics Abstracts , Computer and Control Abstracts , Electrical and Electronics Abstracts.
the only source for full bibliographic and abstract information in operations research and management science - sourced from over 180 of the world's leading journals.
Print version (1961-2008) is available in the Main Library General Collection - 4th Floor -- Q500.I5
Placement of the abstracts is arranged according to four major divisions:
- Process oriented where the emphasis is on the modelling of operations, functions, or activities common to various enterprises (Accidents, Allocation-Resources, Behaviour, Bidding, Communication, Computers-Information, Control, Cybernetics, Decision-Applications/Rules/Studies, Demand, Design, Distribution, Experiment, Facilities, Financial, Forecasting, Gaming, Information, Innovation, Inventory-Order Policies/Storage, Investment, Knowledge Management, Learning, Location, Maintenance/Repair & Replacement, Management, Marketing, Measurement, Organization, Performance, Personnel & Manpower Planning, Planning, Production-FMS/JIT/MRP, Project Management, Quality & Reliability, Queues, Retailing, Risk, Scheduling, Search, Service, Soft Systems, Storage, Supply & Supply Chains, Systems, Timetabling, Values, Vehicle Routing & Scheduling, Yield Management)
- Application oriented where the emphasis is on certain arenas, and models which are specialized to an arena (Advertising, Agriculture & Food, Biology, Commerce, Cummunications, Community, Construction & Architecture, Cutting Stock, Ecology, E-commerce, Economics, Education, Energy, Engineering, Finance & Banking, Forestry, Geography & Environment, Government, Health Services, Internet, Law & Law Enforcement, Manufacturing Industries, Marketing, Medicine, Meteorology, Military & Defence, Mineral Industries, Petroleum, Politics, Recreation & Tourism, Social, Space, Sports, Transportation-Air/General/Rail/Road/Water, Union Affairs, Water)
- Technique oriented where the emphasis is on abstract or mathematical models, methods, topics, techniques and solutions (Analytic Hierarchy Process, Artificial Intelligence-Decision Support/Expert Systems, Combinatorial Analysis, Combinatorial Optimization, Computational Analysis, Control Processes, Cost Benefit Analysis, Datamining, Decision Theory, Differential Equations, Fuzzy Sets, Game Theory, Graphs, Heuristics-Ant Systems/Genetic Algorithms/Local Search/Tabu Search, Lagrange Multipliers, Markov Processes, Matrices, Networks-Flow/Path/Scheduling, Neural Networks, Numerical Analysis, Optimization-Simulated Annealing, Probability, Programming-Assignment/Branch & Bound/Constraints/Convex/Dynamic/Geometric/Goal/Integer/Linear/Mathematical/Multiple Criteria/Nonlinear/Parametric/Probabilistic/Quadratic/Traveling Salesman, Queues, Sets, Simulation-Analysis/Applications/Data Envelopment Analysis/Decision/Distributions/Empirical/Experiment/Inference/Multivariate/Regression/Sampling, Stochastic Processes, Time Series & Forecasting Methods)
- Professionally oriented where the emphasis is on the practice and development of operations research itself (Developing Countries, Education in OR, History, OR in a Region/Country, Philosophy, Practice)
"a fully indexed, cross-referenced and annotated databank of over 60,000 journal articles, books, book articles and dissertation abstracts on all aspects of theatre and performance in 126 countries....contains more than 400 full-text titles, including more than 130 full-text journals...and more than 270 full-text books & monographs."
"the data and codebook used to analyze the decisions made by the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda and the Special Court for Sierra Leone"
"Lists of international environmental treaties, conventions, and other agreements with links to text, membership, performance data, secretariat, and summary statistics. Over 1100 multilaterals, 1500 bilaterals, and 250 "other". Grouped by Date, Subject, and "Lineage" of legally-related agreements (e.g., those related to the Montreal Protocol)."
provides fundamental tools for understanding and applying the medical literature and making clinical diagnoses ; includes the Users' Guide to the Medical Literature and The Rational Clinical Examination (access limited to 4 concurrent users)
Jazz Music Library (ASP) (subscription cancelled)
covering thousands of artists, ensembles, albums, and genres, from all over the world, from the beginnings of jazz to today. Music Online also provides content from Classical Music Library. See also the info button.
UCF had a free 1-year subscription to Jazz Music Library through May 2010. To limit your search to Jazz Music Library, select it from the "Go to" drop-down options at the bottom of the Music Library home page.
Full text of 1000+ core research journals from the year of their inception, many dating back to the early 1900's, providing high-resolution, scanned images of journal issues and pages as they were originally designed, printed, and illustrated.
JSTOR also contains hundreds of Open-Access eBooks.
Browse by Subject:
- Area Studies (African American, African, American Indian, American, Asian, British, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, Middle East, Slavic)
- Arts (Architecture & Architectural History, Art & Art History, Music, Performing Arts)
- Business & Economics (Business, Development Studies, Economics, Finance, Labor & Employment Relations, Management & Organizational Behavior, Marketing & Advertising)
- History & History of Science & Technology
- Humanities (Bibliography, Classical Studies, Feminist & Women's Studies, Film, Folklore, Language & Literature, Philosophy, Religion)
- Law (Criminology & Criminal Justice)
- Medicine & Allied Health (Health Policy, Health Sciences, Public Health)
- Science & Mathematics (Aquatic Sciences, Astronomy, Biological Sciences, Botany & Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Developmental & Cell Biology, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, General Science, Geology, Mathematics, Paleontology, Physics, Statistics, Technology, Zoology)
- Social Sciences (Anthropology, Archaeology, Communication Studies, Education, Geography, International Relations, Library Science, Linguistics, Peace & Conflict Studies, Political Science, Population Studies, Psychology, Public Policy & Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Transportation Studies, Urban Studies)
for junior high & middle school students, providing a variety of indexed & full-text magazines, newspapers & reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.