"an online streaming film collection, delivers over 500 hours of documentaries and interviews illustrating the theory and practice of a variety of art forms and providing the context necessary for critical analysis. Ideal for both undergraduate and graduate courses, the works within this collection offer a dynamic tool to enhance understanding of visual media."
“This art research database covers a broad range of subjects from fine, decorative and commercial art, to various areas of architecture and architectural design. It features full-text articles, indexing and abstracts for an array of journals, books and more.”
see also Art Index Retrospective (1929-1984)
"Topics covered include art history & criticism, architecture & architectural history, archaeology, antiques, museum studies, graphic arts, industrial design, landscape architecture, interior design, folk art, painting, photography, pottery, sculpture, decorative arts, costume design, television and video, motion pictures, advertising art, non-western art, textiles and much more."
A digital library of nearly one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences for research and pedagogical purposes.
To download images you must complete the free registration and log in.
Offers a listing of journal articles published worldwide on architecture and design, archaeology, city planning, interior design, and historic preservation. Coverage is from the 1930s to the present, with selective coverage back to the 1860s.
Bibliography of the History of Art* (CSA) (1996+)
ceased April 2010 and pulled from all commercial vendors. See Getty version for partial online replacement.
BHA indexed and abstracted articles, art-related books, conference proceedings, dissertations, and art exhibition and dealer’s catalogs back to 1973. Covers European and American art from late antiquity to the present.
Indexing and full text of articles for array of scholarly and popular topics. Provides full text for over 4,600 scholarly journals covering the social sciences, humanities, science, cultural studies, education, and much more.
FRANCIS is produced by Institut de l’Information Scientifique et Technique of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (INIST-CNRS). The database indexes journal articles, books, dissertations, reports and conferences related to humanities and social sciences topics. FRANCIS content spans 1972-2015.
The PASCAL database shares space with FRANCIS. PASCAL contains indexing for science, technology, and medicine, especially European content. The content in PASCAL is from 1984 to 2015.
Neither FRANCIS nor PASCAL is being updated with new content.
Graphic Novels Core Collection (H.W. Wilson)*
[cancelled due to budget cuts] a selective annotated list of graphic novels that allows for searching by categories of grade level, editorial recommendations and fiction/nonfiction/biography. The cover art delivers important insights into the suitability of each novel.
Full text of 2000+ core research journals from the year of their inception, many dating back to the early 1900's, providing high-resolution, scanned images of journal issues and pages as they were originally designed, printed, and illustrated.
JSTOR also contains hundreds of Open-Access eBooks.
Browse by Subject:
- Area Studies (African American, African, American Indian, American, Asian, British, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, Middle East, Slavic)
- Arts (Architecture & Architectural History, Art & Art History, Music, Performing Arts)
- Business & Economics (Business, Development Studies, Economics, Finance, Labor & Employment Relations, Management & Organizational Behavior, Marketing & Advertising)
- History & History of Science & Technology
- Humanities (Bibliography, Classical Studies, Feminist & Women's Studies, Film, Folklore, Language & Literature, Philosophy, Religion)
- Law (Criminology & Criminal Justice)
- Medicine & Allied Health (Health Policy, Health Sciences, Public Health)
- Science & Mathematics (Aquatic Sciences, Astronomy, Biological Sciences, Botany & Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Developmental & Cell Biology, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, General Science, Geology, Mathematics, Paleontology, Physics, Statistics, Technology, Zoology)
- Social Sciences (Anthropology, Archaeology, Communication Studies, Education, Geography, International Relations, Library Science, Linguistics, Peace & Conflict Studies, Political Science, Population Studies, Psychology, Public Policy & Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Transportation Studies, Urban Studies)
a unique collaboration between libraries and publishers providing 100% full-text, affordable and user-friendly online access to over 300+ high quality humanities and social sciences journals from over 60 scholarly publishers.
- Area & Ethnic Studies
- Art & Architecture
- Creative Writing
- Film, Theater, & Performing Arts
- Language & Linguistics
- Library Science & Publishing
- Medicine & Health
- Science, Technology, & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Studies by Time Period
- Women's Studies, Gender, & Sexuality