Surveys & Programs: Postsecondary
Baccalaureate & Beyond Longitudinal Study (B&B) - "provides information concerning education and work experiences after completion of bachelor’s degrees."
Beginning Postsecondary Students Longitudinal Study (BPS) - "designed specifically to collect data related to persistence in and completion of postsecondary education programs; relationships between work and education efforts; and the effect of postsecondary education on the lives of individuals."
National Postsecondary Student Aid Study (NPSAS) - "information on the cost of postsecondary education, the distribution of financial aid, and the characteristics of both aided and nonaided students and their families."
National Study of Postsecondary Faculty (NSOPF)
- Institution Survey - counts of faculty; hires & departures; tenure of faculty; tenure policies; retirement & other benefits of faculty
- Department Chairperson Survey (1988 only) - faculty composition in department; tenure of faculty in department, faculty hires & departures in department; hiring practices; activities to assess faculty performance; professional & developmental activities
- Faculty Survey - sociodemographic characteristics; academic & professional background; field of instruction; employment history; current employment status including rank & tenure; workload; courses taught; publications; job satisfaction & attitudes; career & retirement plans; benefits & compensation
Postsecondary Education Descriptive Analysis Reports (PEDAR) - a series of analysis reports that focus on postsecondary education policy issues:
- Access, Persistence, & Attainment of a Degree
- Financing Postsecondary Education
- Student Profiles/Descriptive Summaries
- Life After College
- Postsecondary Faculty
- K-12 Teachers
- Other Topics