Approximately one-half of the entries in the ERIC database relate to education documents.
ERIC Documents (ED numbers)
- Indexed in the ERIC database
- Identified by unique ED numbers, ERIC documents include a wide variety of resources such as:
- teaching guides
- research reports
- issue papers
- instructional materials
- test and evaluation instruments
- Full-text Online - approximately 20% (100,000+) of the ED documents are available online, with the ERIC Microfiche Digitization Project working on bringing another 340,000 documents from 1966-1992 online.
- ERIC Microfiche
- Most full text ED documents from 1966 forward are available in microfiche format on the third floor of the UCF Library.
- Earlier Education Microfiche
- Preceding the ED microfiche in the UCF Library cabinets are microfiche with ES numbers and MP numbers from series which were discontinued.
- ES Numbers
- not included in the ERIC database
- Indexed in
- Pacesetters in Innovation
identifying Projects to Advance Creativity in Education (PACE) from 1966-1969.
- MP Numbers
- Indexed in Manpower Research Inventory (not available at UCF), but most of the MP documents seem to have been reproduced in the ED series and indexed in the ERIC database.