Distance learning students may obtain both UCF and non-UCF library materials such as books, journal articles, etc. using the UCF Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. UCF’s Interlibrary Loan Service is now using Illiad. You can sign up and request to borrow books and retrieve electronic versions of journal articles by visiting the ILL website: http://library.ucf.edu/ILL . Click on First Time User Registration to establish your Illiad account.
When setting up your Illiad account, make sure to identify yourself as a Distance Student by selecting UCF-Distance Learner under Loan Pickup Location. This will ensure that all articles will be sent to you electronically whether the library owns them or not. When you log into the system, you will use your PID number (available at https://my.ucf.edu/ by clicking on “What is my PID & NID?”) and a password of your choice.
Illiad provides forms for requesting articles, book chapters, conference papers, standards, books, microfilm and dissertations. You also can review each of your requests and track its progress towards completion. Many of the subscription databases provide direct links to the ILL article request form via the “Get Full Text” icon for those articles that are not available full text online.
Articles less than 50 pages will be sent to your ILL account electronically. The Interlibrary Loan Department notifies you by e-mail when your material is available. To pick up an item, log on to the ILL website http://library.ucf.edu/ILL/default.asp and click on ‘Download Articles’.
Requested items such as books, videos and DVDs will be transported to the circulation department of the library that you picked in your patron profile or will be mailed directly to you if you are a distance learner. Books, videos, and DVDs can be returned to the UCF Orlando Library or a library on one of the area campuses. If you choose to mail back the material, you are responsible for the return postage. There are some restrictions. Refer to the Interlibrary Loan Frequently Asked Questions http://library.ucf.edu/ILL/FAQ.asp for details regarding the Interlibrary Loan service and their policies, or contact the Interlibrary Loan office email email@example.com or, by phone at (407) 823-2383.
1) Sign up for an InterLibrary Loan acount by filling out the First Time Users Registration form: http://library.ucf.edu/ILL/FirstTime.php
2) In the database, go to Detailed Record by clicking on the article title in the Results list
3) Click on Show “Additional Options” on the left hand side (location may vary by database)
4) Click on the InterLibrary Loan link. The form should fill out for you after you sign in to ILL. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Submit Request.
5) You should receive an email within 48-72 hours that a PDF has been delivered to your ILL account. Just sign in http://library.ucf.edu/ILL/ and click on Electronically Retrieved Articles to get your article.