Company Statistics Programs
Bureau of Economic Analysis
See also Historical Economic Census Resources.
Historical Statistics of the United States, Millennial Edition (Cambridge University Press)
provides data on social, behavioral, humanistic, and natural sciences including history, economics, government, finance, sociology, demography, education, law, natural resources, climate, religion, international migration, and trade.
Sample of some of the available time series:
- Advertising expenditures, by medium, 1867-1998
- Americans traveling overseas & foreign visitors to the U.S., 1820-2000
- Attendance at selected professional sports, 1933-1999
- Bank debits & deposit turnover, 1919-1996
- Business cycle turning dates & duration - monthly, 1854-2001
- Expenditures on research & development, by performing sector & source of funding, 1953-2000
- Gross private domestic investment, by major component, 1929-2002
- NBER composite cyclical indicators, 1959-2003
- Performance indicators of computers & transistors, 1946-2000
- Wholesale prices of selected commodities, 1784-1998
Special Collections (Census Bureau)
Current Industrial Reports (historical data) (Southern New Hampshire University) -- provides the U.S. Census Bureau's annual measures of industrial activity from approximately 1995-present.