a comprehensive bibliographic database of scientific and technical engineering research available, covering all engineering disciplines.
Coverage includes nuclear technology, bioengineering, transportation, chemical and process engineering, light and optical technology, agricultural engineering and food technology, computers and data processing, applied physics, electronics and communications, control, civil, mechanical, materials, petroleum, aerospace and automotive engineering as well as narrower subtopics within all these and other major engineering fields.
"Inspec includes bibliographic citations and indexed abstracts from publications in the fields of physics, electrical and electronic engineering, communications, computer science, control engineering, information technology, manufacturing and mechanical engineering, operations research, material science, oceanography, engineering mathematics, nuclear engineering, environmental science, geophysics, nanotechnology, biomedical technology and biophysics."
Includes the Inspec backfile.
Also Known as: Physics Abstracts , Computer and Control Abstracts , Electrical and Electronics Abstracts.
a focused, comprehensive, and international abstracting service, spanning the world of ergonomics and human factors.
International Abstracts in Operations Research (IAOR) (Palgrave)
Online version ceased. Print version (1961-2008) is available in the Main Library General Collection - 4th Floor -- Q500.I5
the only source for full bibliographic and abstract information in operations research and management science - sourced from over 180 of the world's leading journals.
Placement of the abstracts is arranged according to four major divisions:
- Process oriented where the emphasis is on the modelling of operations, functions, or activities common to various enterprises (Accidents, Allocation-Resources, Behaviour, Bidding, Communication, Computers-Information, Control, Cybernetics, Decision-Applications/Rules/Studies, Demand, Design, Distribution, Experiment, Facilities, Financial, Forecasting, Gaming, Information, Innovation, Inventory-Order Policies/Storage, Investment, Knowledge Management, Learning, Location, Maintenance/Repair & Replacement, Management, Marketing, Measurement, Organization, Performance, Personnel & Manpower Planning, Planning, Production-FMS/JIT/MRP, Project Management, Quality & Reliability, Queues, Retailing, Risk, Scheduling, Search, Service, Soft Systems, Storage, Supply & Supply Chains, Systems, Timetabling, Values, Vehicle Routing & Scheduling, Yield Management)
- Application oriented where the emphasis is on certain arenas, and models which are specialized to an arena (Advertising, Agriculture & Food, Biology, Commerce, Cummunications, Community, Construction & Architecture, Cutting Stock, Ecology, E-commerce, Economics, Education, Energy, Engineering, Finance & Banking, Forestry, Geography & Environment, Government, Health Services, Internet, Law & Law Enforcement, Manufacturing Industries, Marketing, Medicine, Meteorology, Military & Defence, Mineral Industries, Petroleum, Politics, Recreation & Tourism, Social, Space, Sports, Transportation-Air/General/Rail/Road/Water, Union Affairs, Water)
- Technique oriented where the emphasis is on abstract or mathematical models, methods, topics, techniques and solutions (Analytic Hierarchy Process, Artificial Intelligence-Decision Support/Expert Systems, Combinatorial Analysis, Combinatorial Optimization, Computational Analysis, Control Processes, Cost Benefit Analysis, Datamining, Decision Theory, Differential Equations, Fuzzy Sets, Game Theory, Graphs, Heuristics-Ant Systems/Genetic Algorithms/Local Search/Tabu Search, Lagrange Multipliers, Markov Processes, Matrices, Networks-Flow/Path/Scheduling, Neural Networks, Numerical Analysis, Optimization-Simulated Annealing, Probability, Programming-Assignment/Branch & Bound/Constraints/Convex/Dynamic/Geometric/Goal/Integer/Linear/Mathematical/Multiple Criteria/Nonlinear/Parametric/Probabilistic/Quadratic/Traveling Salesman, Queues, Sets, Simulation-Analysis/Applications/Data Envelopment Analysis/Decision/Distributions/Empirical/Experiment/Inference/Multivariate/Regression/Sampling, Stochastic Processes, Time Series & Forecasting Methods)
- Professionally oriented where the emphasis is on the practice and development of operations research itself (Developing Countries, Education in OR, History, OR in a Region/Country, Philosophy, Practice)
delivering full text access to the world's highest quality technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science, and electronics. Includes most IEEE journals, conference proceedings, and standards.
IEEE/IET Electronic Library (IEL) includes access to the full text of IEEE content published since 1988 with select content published since 1872 from:
- IEEE journals, transactions, and magazines, including early access documents
- IEEE conference proceedings
- IET journals
- IET conference proceedings
- IEEE published standards
- IEEE Standards Dictionary Online VDE VERLAG Conference Proceedings includes complimentary access to the AbstractPlus records and select full text published since 2005 Bell Labs Technical Journal includes access to the AbstractPlus records and full text articles published from 1922 IEEE-Wiley eBooks Library includes full text access to all IEEE-Wiley eBooks titles copyrighted in the year(s) 1974-2013 Individual Online Journals includes access to all AbstractPlus records and full text published since 2005 from:
- Systems Engineering and Electronics, Journal of
“This database offers a diverse array of full-text and indexed content that covers the full spectrum of the applied sciences and computing disciplines—from acoustics to aeronautics, and neural networks to nuclear engineering.”
formerly called Applied Science & Technology (EBSCOhost/Wilson) (1983+)
For search tips see the Web of Science Unraveled guide.
Citation Indexes for finding articles that cite a given author or citation.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (1965+)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (1965+)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975+)
Citation Connection is now available. This includes:
- Data Citation Index (1900+)
- Derwent Innovations Index – Patents Database (1963+)
- Book Citation Index: Scholarly Books (2005+)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (1990+)
- Index Chemicus (IC) (1989+)
- Current Chemical Reactions (1993+)
- Current Contents Connect (1998+)
Provides citation indexing of top high-impact journals with powerful tools such as cited reference searching and Author Finder, 256 categories thoroughly cover the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
A collection of company & industry information, including articles, financials, brand information, rankings, investment reports, company histories, and chronologies
(formerly Business & Company Resource Center)
"contains the full text of articles from more than 510 key publications dating back to 1995, and provides access to product evaluations, interviews, biographical sketches, corporate profiles, obituaries, surveys, statistical rankings, book reviews and reports from associations, societies, trade shows, conferences and more."
"Additional content includes quality indexing and abstracts for more than 900 publications dating back to 1982, as well as over 600,000 corporate names with cross references to specific industries and countries. Subject coverage includes accounting, acquisitions & mergers, advertising, banking, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, communications, economics, entertainment industry, finance, financial services, government regulations, industrial relations, insurance, international business, investments, marketing, retail trade, small business and much more."
American Psychological Association's (APA) renowned resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health.
"contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Ninety-eight percent of the covered material is peer-reviewed. The database also includes information about the psychological aspects of related fields such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, technology, linguistics, anthropology, business, law and others. Journal coverage, which spans from the1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,500 periodicals in dozens of languages."
* 1927-1947 Microfilm BF1.P65
* 1948-2004 print in remote storage
ERIC is the most complete index to articles and reports on educational topics.
ERIC is available from several database vendors, including ProQuest. UCF students are advised to use ERIC in EBSCOhost, which provides many links to full text and allows users to search multiple education databases simultaneously. Users who are not UCF students are advised to use ERIC from DOE because no login is required.
Indexing and full text of articles for array of scholarly and popular topics. Provides full text for over 4,600 scholarly journals covering the social sciences, humanities, science, cultural studies, education, and much more.