Includes Congressional and Executive Department materials related to: Foreign Relations, Indian Affairs, Finance, Commerce and Navigation, Military Affairs, Naval Affairs, Post-office Department, Public Lands, Claims, and Various Other Topics.
"Thousands of libraries, museums, and archives have contributed nearly a million collection descriptions to ArchiveGrid. Researchers searching ArchiveGrid can learn about the many items in each of these collections, contact archives to arrange a visit to examine materials, and order copies."
- Academy Awards Collection
- Academy Publications
- American Society of Cinematographers Collection
- Janus Barfoed Collection
- Tom B'hend and Preston Kaufmann Collection
- Bison Archives Photographs Collected by Marc Wanamaker
- George Cukor Papers
- Cecil B. DeMille Photographs
- Glass Slides Collection
- Alfred Hitchcock Papers
- Hollywood Portraits
- Irene scrapbooks
- Movie Star Ephemera
- Paramount Pictures Photographs
- Periodicals, Books, and Pamphlets
- Mary Pickford Papers
- RKO Radio Pictures Photographs
- William Selig Papers
- Mack Sennett Papers
- Sheet Music Collection
- George Stevens Papers
- Studio Publications
- Fred Zinnemann Papers
- Adolph Zukor Correspondence
"This new bibliographic database is a valuable index for libraries, scholars and individuals interested in European works that relate to the Americas. EBSCO Publishing, in cooperation with the John Carter Brown Library, has created this resource from “European Americana: A Chronological Guide to Works Printed In Europe Relating to The Americas, 1493-1750,” the authoritative bibliography that is well-known and respected by scholars worldwide."
Full Text Coverage:
- Destin Log (2006+)
- Florida Bar Journal (1996+)
- Florida Bar News (1999+)
- Florida Newswire (2008+)
- Florida Sportsman (2009+)
- Florida Times Union (1996+)
- Florida Trend (1985+)
- Southeast Farm Press (2005+)
- St. Petersburg Times (1998-2011)
- Tampa Bay Times (1996+)
- Tampa Tribune (1996-2011)
Browse by category:
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Children's & Young Adult Nonfiction
- Arts & Architecture
- Biographies & Memoirs
- Business & Economics
- Computer Science
- Engineering & Technology
- General Nonfiction
- Health & Medicine
- Literature & Criticism
- Political Science
- Self-Help & Family
- Social Sciences
- Study Aids & Language Learning
"History of Science, Technology and Medicine integrates four bibliographies—the Isis Current Bibliography of the History of Science, the Current Bibliography in the History of Technology [HTE], the Bibliografia Italiana di Storia della Scienza [BISS Italian Bibliography of the History of Science] and the Wellcome Library for the History and Understanding of Medicine."
See also the print indexes, General Collection AI 3 .R493 (1907-2004) - International Index to Periodicals / Social Sciences & Humanities Index / Humanities Index -- and the online version: Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective (1907-1984)
formerly Humanities Full Text (H.W. Wilson) (1983+)
- Area & Ethnic Studies
- Art & Architecture
- Creative Writing
- Film, Theater, & Performing Arts
- Language & Linguistics
- Library Science & Publishing
- Medicine & Health
- Science, Technology, & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Studies by Time Period
- Women's Studies, Gender, & Sexuality
"includes full text of articles from some 215 journals dating as far back as 1995 and indexing and abstracts of over 625 periodicals dating as far back as 1983, nearly 400 of which are peer-reviewed covering the latest concepts, theories and methods from both applied and theoretical aspects of the social sciences."
See also the print indexes, General Collection AI 3 .R492 (1907-2004) - International Index to Periodicals / Social Sciences & Humanities Index / Social Sciences Index -- and the online version: Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective (1907-1984)
"indexes current, readily available reference sources, as well as the most important retrospective works that cover individuals, both living and deceased, from every field of activity and from all areas of the world.... BGMI indexes only reference works containing multiple biographies; it does not index periodical articles or books of biography about a single individual. Sources...are of several types:
- Biographical dictionaries and who's whos, which supply information on a number of individuals.
- Subject encyclopedias, which include some biographical entries.
- Volumes of literary criticism, which may contain only a limited amount of biographical information but give critical surveys of a writer's works.
- Indexes, which refer the user to a body of information found elsewhere."
People included are from throughout history, around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas. Search by name, birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation or gender.
- List of Sources included, such as the Dictionary of American Biography is available on the Gale Cengage page about the database
Biography Index (H.W. Wilson) (1946-2010)
"Besides biographies and autobiographies, you’ll find citations to interviews, obituaries, collections of letters, diaries, memoirs, juvenile literature, book reviews, bibliographies and exhibition reviews. People covered range from antiquity to the present and represent all fields and nationalities."
"ProQuest Dissertations and Theses: Global (PQDTGlobal) is the world's most comprehensive collection of full-text dissertations and theses. As the official digital dissertations archive for the Library of Congress and as the database of record for graduate research, PQDTGlobal includes millions of searchable citations to dissertations and theses from 1861 to the present day together with over a million full-text dissertations that are available for download in PDF format. Over 2.1 million titles are available for purchase as printed copies. The database offers full text for most of the dissertations added since 1997 and strong retrospective full-text coverage for older graduate works. It also includes PQDT UK & Ireland content."