Workshop Schedule, February 16, 2012
- 9:00-9:05 -- Welcome & Introductions
- 9:05-10:15 -- Statistical Abstract & Alternative Sources
- 10:15-10:30 -- Break
- 10:30-Noon -- American Community Survey & Decennial Census
- Noon-1:00 -- Lunch on your own
- 1:00-2:15 -- GPO Access & FDSys
- 2:15-2:30 -- Break
- 2:30-3:45 -- Federal Register, CFR & Regulations
- 3:45-4:00 -- Wrap-up
Workshop, Part 1: Uncle Sam Doesn't Live Here Anymore...
Some federal government information has migrated to new locations on the Web or is now being released through a different dataset. These include but are not limited to the transition from GPO Access to FDsys, the replacement of 2010 Census long-form information by the American Community Survey, and the discontinuation of the Statistical Abstract.
This workshop explains some of the changes which are occurring and provides some hands-on practice with locating the information in the new places.
Workshop, Part 2: There's a Regulation for That?
Library patrons, both individuals and businesses, often have a need to look up existing or pending federal regulations. This workshop also provides a detailed look at the Federal Register publication system: what it is and how it works.
Govt Information Librarian