Call Number: UCF ONLINE General Collection JC330.3
"This work provides undergraduate students and academics with an authoritative reference resource on political and civic leadership. The two-volume set will be centred on the 100 most important topics, issues, questions and debates specific to politics and civic society."
UCF Main Library General Collection - 1st Floor -- CT 213 .B53
Identifies 12.7 million biographical sketches in more than 3,400 current and retrospective reference books, covering contemporary and historical figures throughout the world.
"indexes current, readily available reference sources, as well as the most important retrospective works that cover individuals, both living and deceased, from every field of activity and from all areas of the world.... BGMI indexes only reference works containing multiple biographies; it does not index periodical articles or books of biography about a single individual. Sources...are of several types:
- Biographical dictionaries and who's whos, which supply information on a number of individuals.
- Subject encyclopedias, which include some biographical entries.
- Volumes of literary criticism, which may contain only a limited amount of biographical information but give critical surveys of a writer's works.
- Indexes, which refer the user to a body of information found elsewhere."
combines Gale biographies with related full-text articles from magazines and newspapers, thousands images, and links to vetted websites.
People included are from throughout history, around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas. Search by name, birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation or gender.
- List of Sources included, such as the Dictionary of American Biography is available on the Gale Cengage page about the database
"contains biographical information on approximately half a million people, from antiquity to the present, along with thousands of images. It contains the full text of the articles from more than 100 volumes of biographical reference books published by H. W. Wilson."
Excerpts and full text of articles and essays providing critical discussion of authors and their works.
- Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Drama Criticism
- Literature Criticism 1400-1800
- Nineteenth Century Literary Criticism
- Poetry Criticism
- Shakespearean Criticism (see index information)
- Short Story Criticism
- Twentieth Century Literary Criticism