Journals (and publishers) participating in SCOAP3 include:
- Acta Physica Polonica B (Jagiellonian University)
- Advances in High Energy Phsyics (Hindawi)
- Chinese Physics C (Institute of Physics Publishing / Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- European Physical Journal C (Springer / Societa Italiana di Fisica)
- Journal of Cosmology & Astroparticle Physics (Institute of Physics Publishing / SISSA)
- Journal of High Energy Physics (Springer / SISSA)
- New Journal of Physics (Institute of Physics Publishing / Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft)
- Nuclear Physics B (Elsevier)
- Physics Letter B (Elsevier)
- Progress of Theoretical & Experimental Physics (Oxford University Press / Physical Society of Japan)
Provides citation indexing of top high-impact journals with powerful tools such as cited reference searching and Author Finder, 256 categories thoroughly cover the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
This database provides indexing and abstracts from more than 4,000 current serial and non-serial titles, including content from AIAA and NASA. The database currently includes over 3.6M records from periodicals, conference papers, trade journals, magazines, books, patents and technical reports, with indexing back to the early 1960's. Covers all aspects of applied research in the aerospace and space sciences.
NASA Scope and Subject Category Guide
- Aeronautics: Includes aeronautics (general); aerodynamics; air transportation and safety; aircraft communications and navigation; aircraft design, testing and performance; avionics and aircraft instrumentation; aircraft propulsion and power; aircraft stability and control; and research and support facilities (air).
- Astronautics: Includes astronautics (general); astrodynamics; ground support systems and facilities (space); launch vehicles and launch operations; space transportation and safety; space communications, spacecraft communications, command, and tracking; spacecraft design, testing and performance; spacecraft instrumentation and astrionics; and spacecraft propulsion and power.
- Chemistry & Materials: Includes chemistry and materials (general); composite materials; inorganic, organic and physical chemistry; metals and metallic materials; nonmetallic materials; propellants and fuels; and space processing.
- Engineering: Includes engineering (general); communications and radar; electronics and electrical engineering; fluid mechanics and thermodynamics; instrumentation and photography; lasers and masers; mechanical engineering; quality assurance and reliability; and structural mechanics.
- Geosciences: Includes geosciences (general); earth resources and remote sensing; energy production and conversion; environment pollution; geophysics; meteorology and climatology; and oceanography.
- Life Sciences: Includes life sciences (general); aerospace medicine; behavioral sciences; man/system technology and life support; and exobiology.
- Mathematical & Computer Sciences: Includes mathematical and computer sciences (general); computer operations and hardware; computer programming and software; computer systems; cybernetics, artificial intelligence and robotics; numerical analysis; statistics and probability; systems analysis and operations research; and theoretical mathematics.
- Physics: Includes physics (general); acoustics; atomic and molecular physics; nuclear physics; optics; plasma physics; solid-state physics; and physics of elementary particles and fields.
- Social & Information Sciences: Includes social and information sciences (general); administration and management; documentation and information science; economics and cost analysis; law, political science, and space policy; and technology utilization and surface transportation.
- Space Sciences: Includes space sciences (general); astronomy; astrophysics; lunar and planetary science and exploration; solar physics; and space radiation.
- General: Includes aerospace related reports of a general or broad nature; histories, biographies, or overviews of aerospace programs.
"Some of the topics covered are phase, crystal, and mechanical properties of solids, optical and dielectric properties, conductive and magnetic properties, exotic electronic structure and energy gaps, SQUIDs, impurity effects, flux structures and critical current, ceramics, twinning phenomena, and more. This database provides international coverage as well as coverage of numerous non-serial publications.
Sources covered include over 3,000 periodicals, conference proceedings, technical reports, trade journal/newsletter items, patents, books, and press releases."
The UCF subscription includes some volumes from the following series:
- Acta Neurochirurgica Supplement
- Advances in Solid State Physics
- Gesundheit und Medizin im interdisziplinären Diskurs
- Lecture Notes in Earth Sciences
- Lecture Notes in Physics
- Mathematical Programming Studies
- Methods in Biotechnology
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Methods in Molecular Medicine
- Methods in Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Progress in Colloid & Polymer Science
- Springer Protocols Handbooks