"a fully indexed, cross-referenced and annotated databank of over 60,000 journal articles, books, book articles and dissertation abstracts on all aspects of theatre and performance in 126 countries....contains more than 400 full-text titles, including more than 130 full-text journals...and more than 270 full-text books & monographs."
Full text of 2000+ core research journals from the year of their inception, many dating back to the early 1900's, providing high-resolution, scanned images of journal issues and pages as they were originally designed, printed, and illustrated.
JSTOR also contains hundreds of Open-Access eBooks.
Browse by Subject:
- Area Studies (African American, African, American Indian, American, Asian, British, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, Middle East, Slavic)
- Arts (Architecture & Architectural History, Art & Art History, Music, Performing Arts)
- Business & Economics (Business, Development Studies, Economics, Finance, Labor & Employment Relations, Management & Organizational Behavior, Marketing & Advertising)
- History & History of Science & Technology
- Humanities (Bibliography, Classical Studies, Feminist & Women's Studies, Film, Folklore, Language & Literature, Philosophy, Religion)
- Law (Criminology & Criminal Justice)
- Medicine & Allied Health (Health Policy, Health Sciences, Public Health)
- Science & Mathematics (Aquatic Sciences, Astronomy, Biological Sciences, Botany & Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Developmental & Cell Biology, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, General Science, Geology, Mathematics, Paleontology, Physics, Statistics, Technology, Zoology)
- Social Sciences (Anthropology, Archaeology, Communication Studies, Education, Geography, International Relations, Library Science, Linguistics, Peace & Conflict Studies, Political Science, Population Studies, Psychology, Public Policy & Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Transportation Studies, Urban Studies)
Excerpts and full text of articles and essays providing critical discussion of authors and their works.
- Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Drama Criticism
- Literature Criticism 1400-1800
- Nineteenth Century Literary Criticism
- Poetry Criticism
- Shakespearean Criticism (see index information)
- Short Story Criticism
- Twentieth Century Literary Criticism
a unique collaboration between libraries and publishers providing 100% full-text, affordable and user-friendly online access to over 300+ high quality humanities and social sciences journals from over 60 scholarly publishers.
- Area & Ethnic Studies
- Art & Architecture
- Creative Writing
- Film, Theater, & Performing Arts
- Language & Linguistics
- Library Science & Publishing
- Medicine & Health
- Science, Technology, & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Studies by Time Period
- Women's Studies, Gender, & Sexuality
Indexing and full text of articles for array of scholarly and popular topics. Provides full text for over 4,600 scholarly journals covering the social sciences, humanities, science, cultural studies, education, and much more.
"a broad range of subject coverage in the humanities and social sciences with high-quality indexing of more than 1,300,000 articles in nearly 1,100 periodicals, dating as far back as 1907, as well as citations of over 240,000 book reviews."
"Topics covered include communications & mass media, criminal justice, anthropology, economics, art, film, environmental studies, archaeology, international relations, law, literary & social criticism, literature, music, performing arts, planning & public administration, political science, sociology, religion & theology, gender studies, gerontology, psychiatry & psychology, addiction studies, urban studies, and much more."
See also Humanities Source Print Indexes - UCF Main Library - 1st Floor:
- International Index to Periodicals (1907-1965) - General Collection AI3.R49
- Social Sciences & Humanities Index (1965-1974) - General Collection AI3.R49
- Social Sciences Index (1974-1984) - General Collection AI3.R492
- Humanities Index (1974-1984) - General Collection AI3.R493
"Each dissertation published since July, 1980 includes a 350-word abstract written by the author. Master's theses published since 1988 include 150-word abstracts. Simple bibliographic citations are available for dissertations dating from 1637. Where available, PQDTGlobal provides 24-page previews of dissertations and theses."
For abstracts from 1938-1980 see the print volumes of Dissertation Abstracts International
"ProQuest Dissertations and Theses: Global (PQDTGlobal) is the world's most comprehensive collection of full-text dissertations and theses. As the official digital dissertations archive for the Library of Congress and as the database of record for graduate research, PQDTGlobal includes millions of searchable citations to dissertations and theses from 1861 to the present day together with over a million full-text dissertations that are available for download in PDF format. Over 2.1 million titles are available for purchase as printed copies. The database offers full text for most of the dissertations added since 1997 and strong retrospective full-text coverage for older graduate works. It also includes PQDT UK & Ireland content."
"The journal promotes the goal of the British Shakespeare Association to bridge the gap between literary and performance based criticism of Shakespeare, and provides an outlet for Shakespeare research undertaken to the very highest standards from around the world. Without privileging any particular critical approaches, methodologies, or theories, the journal welcomes all contributions that throw light upon Shakespeare, his works, and his world, in his time and through to the present day. In addition to publishing articles of original scholarship, the journal also offers an extensive range of performance reviews covering productions from around the globe, reviews of recent books, and a dedicated section for critical debates and state-of-the-field surveys."
IBTD coverage - indexed 2005+
T&F coverage - full text 2005+
"Covers performance criticism and scholarship, provides commentary on Shakespeare and Renaissance drama through feature articles, theatre and film reviews, and book reviews. Serves as a record of production in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and throughout the world."
Online access, v.22+ (2004+)
Call Number: UCF Main Library Periodicals -- PR2885.S63
"the world's foremost journal focusing on all aspects of Shakespeare studies. Topics for essays and notes cover criticism of the plays and poems, theater history, Shakespeare pedagogy, the history of Shakespeare as an institution, and studies in editing, text, canon, and bibliography. "
Online access, v.1+ (1950+); Shakespeare Association Bulletin (1924-1949)
Print holdings in storage
Call Number: UCF Main Library General Collection - 4th Floor -- PR2885.S64
"An international volume of essays, studies and reviews dealing with the cultural history of early modern England and the place of Shakespeare's production in it."
Online access, v.8+ (1975+) Print holdings, v.1-19, 23, 25, 27-42 (1965-2014)
Call Number: UCF Main Library General Collection - 4th Floor -- PR2888.C3
"Thematic issues on various aspects of William Shakespeare; interpretation, the comedies, the Roman plays, poems and music, `Macbeth,' characterization; lists of books received." Print holdings, v.1(1941)-51(1998),53(2000)-67(2014)