"a fully indexed, cross-referenced and annotated databank of over 60,000 journal articles, books, book articles and dissertation abstracts on all aspects of theatre and performance in 126 countries....contains more than 400 full-text titles, including more than 130 full-text journals...and more than 270 full-text books & monographs."
International Bibliography of Theatre (1982-1998)
Call Number: Reference PN 1561 .I53
"A bibliography of books, articles, dissertations, and miscellaneous materials dealing with theatrical performance worldwide. Book and performance reviews are excluded, as are most literary studies of plays without a substantial discussion of performance. Entries are arranged in nine genres (e.g., drama, dance, music-drama, puppetry) and have brief annotations. Subject, geographical, and scholar indexes."
Art Source & Art Index Retrospective (1929+)
Databases covering leading art publications from around the world; useful for locating articles on set design and costume topics.
“This art research database covers a broad range of subjects from fine, decorative and commercial art, to various areas of architecture and architectural design. It features full-text articles, indexing and abstracts for an array of journals, books and more.”
see also Art Index Retrospective (1929-1984)
"Topics covered include art history & criticism, architecture & architectural history, archaeology, antiques, museum studies, graphic arts, industrial design, landscape architecture, interior design, folk art, painting, photography, pottery, sculpture, decorative arts, costume design, television and video, motion pictures, advertising art, non-western art, textiles and much more."
formerly Art Full Text (H.W. Wilson) (1984+)
"provides users access to over half a century of art literature covering fine, decorative, and commercial art. Content includes high-quality indexing of nearly 600 publications, many of which are peer-reviewed, and citations of over 25,000 book reviews."
see also Art Source
"a cumulation of the forty-one annual volumes of the Dramatic Index...for articles and illustrations concerning the stage and its players that have appeared in American and British periodicals.... More than 150 quarterly, monthly and weekly periodicals are indexed.... The critical, historical and biographical articles cited cover information about dramatists, librettists, performers, notices of production, scenes, synopses and reviews of plays, and stage portraits that include costumes from Shakespearean productions, grand opera and famous characters." Appendices:
- Author List of Books about the Drama - over 6,500 books
- Title List of Published Play Texts - about 24,000 entries
- Author List of Published Play Texts - approximately 20,000 entries
"a broad range of subject coverage in the humanities and social sciences with high-quality indexing of more than 1,300,000 articles in nearly 1,100 periodicals, dating as far back as 1907, as well as citations of over 240,000 book reviews."
"Topics covered include communications & mass media, criminal justice, anthropology, economics, art, film, environmental studies, archaeology, international relations, law, literary & social criticism, literature, music, performing arts, planning & public administration, political science, sociology, religion & theology, gender studies, gerontology, psychiatry & psychology, addiction studies, urban studies, and much more."
See also Humanities Source Print Indexes - UCF Main Library - 1st Floor:
- International Index to Periodicals (1907-1965) - General Collection AI3.R49
- Social Sciences & Humanities Index (1965-1974) - General Collection AI3.R49
- Social Sciences Index (1974-1984) - General Collection AI3.R492
- Humanities Index (1974-1984) - General Collection AI3.R493
“This database includes feature articles, interviews, obituaries, bibliographies, original works of fiction, book reviews, and reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, operas, plays, and much more.”
See also the print indexes, General Collection AI 3 .R493 (1907-2004) - International Index to Periodicals / Social Sciences & Humanities Index / Humanities Index -- and the online version: Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective (1907-1984)
formerly Humanities Full Text (H.W. Wilson) (1983+)
Indexing and full text of articles for array of scholarly and popular topics. Provides full text for over 4,600 scholarly journals covering the social sciences, humanities, science, cultural studies, education, and much more.
'brings together free, full-text scholarly articles from hundreds of universities and colleges worldwide." Theatre & Performance Studies Commons includes Acting, Dance, Dramatic Literature/Criticism/Theory, Performance Studies, Playwriting, and Theatre History.
Full text of 1000+ core research journals from the year of their inception, including:
-- Asian Theatre Journal -- Comparative Drama -- Dance Chronicle -- Dance Research Journal -- Dance Research -- Early Theatre -- The Eugene O'Neill Review -- Journal of the Fantastic in the Arts -- Lenox Avenue -- PAJ -- Renaissance Drama -- Shakespeare Quarterly -- TDR -- Theatre Ireland -- Theatre Journal
Browse by Subject:
- Area Studies (African American, African, American Indian, American, Asian, British, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, Middle East, Slavic)
- Arts (Architecture & Architectural History, Art & Art History, Music, Performing Arts)
- Business & Economics (Business, Development Studies, Economics, Finance, Labor & Employment Relations, Management & Organizational Behavior, Marketing & Advertising)
- History & History of Science & Technology
- Humanities (Bibliography, Classical Studies, Feminist & Women's Studies, Film, Folklore, Language & Literature, Philosophy, Religion)
- Law (Criminology & Criminal Justice)
- Medicine & Allied Health (Health Policy, Health Sciences, Public Health)
- Science & Mathematics (Aquatic Sciences, Astronomy, Biological Sciences, Botany & Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Developmental & Cell Biology, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, General Science, Geology, Mathematics, Paleontology, Physics, Statistics, Technology, Zoology)
- Social Sciences (Anthropology, Archaeology, Communication Studies, Education, Geography, International Relations, Library Science, Linguistics, Peace & Conflict Studies, Political Science, Population Studies, Psychology, Public Policy & Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Transportation Studies, Urban Studies)
a unique collaboration between libraries and publishers providing 100% full-text, affordable and user-friendly online access to over 300+ high quality humanities and social sciences journals from over 60 scholarly publishers.
- Area & Ethnic Studies
- Art & Architecture
- Creative Writing
- Film, Theater, & Performing Arts
- Language & Linguistics
- Library Science & Publishing
- Medicine & Health
- Science, Technology, & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Studies by Time Period
- Women's Studies, Gender, & Sexuality