"a fully indexed, cross-referenced and annotated databank of over 60,000 journal articles, books, book articles and dissertation abstracts on all aspects of theatre and performance in 126 countries....contains more than 400 full-text titles, including more than 130 full-text journals...and more than 270 full-text books & monographs."
"British Theatre, Music, and Literature: High and Popular Culture features a wide range of primary sources related to the arts in the Victorian era, from playbills and scripts to operas and complete scores."
"British Theatre, Music, and Literature: High and Popular Culture features a wide range of primary sources related to the arts in the long nineteenth century, from playbills and scripts to operas and complete scores. These rare documents, many of them never before available, are sourced from the British Library and other institutions. Curation is by experts in British arts history. Covering more than a century, and encompassing both the Georgian and Victorian theatre, British Theatre, Music, and Literature is without equal as a resource.
- Archives of the Royal Literary Fund
- Archives of the Royal Philharmonic Society
- Crystal Palace Saturday Concerts
- Crystal Palace Triennial Handel Festival
- Drury Lane Theatre Archive
- J.W. Davison Papers
- King's Theatre, Haymarket Archive
- London Theatre Archives: Programmes, Receipts
- Lord Chamberlain's Plays
- Manuscript Music from the Library of the Royal Philharmonic Society
- Royal Albert Hall Archives
- Sir George Smart Papers
- St. James Hall Monday/Saturday Popular Concerts
- Wandering Minstrels"
Excerpts and full text of articles and essays providing critical discussion of authors and their works.
- Classical and Medieval Literature Criticism
- Contemporary Literary Criticism
- Drama Criticism
- Literature Criticism 1400-1800
- Nineteenth Century Literary Criticism
- Poetry Criticism
- Shakespearean Criticism (see index information)
- Short Story Criticism
- Twentieth Century Literary Criticism
Critical analyses and brief plot summaries of the most studied works in the history of literature: long fiction, short fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and drama.
- Critical Survey of Drama
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction
- Critical Survey of Mystery & Detective Fiction
- Critical Survey of Poetry
- Critical Survey of Short Fiction
- Cyclopedia of Literary Characters
- Cyclopedia of Literary Places
- Cyclopedia of World Authors
- Dictionary of World Biography (The Ancient World, The Middle Ages, The Renaissance, The 17th & 18th Centuries, The 19th Century, The 20th Century)
- Encyclopedia of the Ancient World
- Guide to Literary Masters & Their Works
- Identities & Issues in Literature
- Magill's Book Reviews
- Magill's Choice: Holocaust Literature
- Magill's Guide to Science Fiction & Fantasy Literature
- Magill's History Annual, 1983-1985
- Magill's Literary Annuals, 1977+
- Magill's Survey of American Literature
- Magill's Survey of World Literature
- Masterplots II: African American Literature
- Masterplots II: American Fiction
- Masterplots II: British & Commonwealth Fiction
- Masterplots II: Christian Literature
- Masterplots II: Drama
- Masterplots II: European Fiction
- Masterplots II: Juvenile & Young Adult Biography
- Masterplots II: Juvenile & Young Adult Fiction
- Masterplots II: Juvenile & Young Adult Literature
- Masterplots II: Nonfiction
- Masterplots II: Poetry
- Masterplots II: Short Story
- Masterplots II: Women's Literature
- Masterplots II: World Fiction
- Sixties in America
Database of play citations as well as literature and poems. To search Play Finder, Search in LitFinder and set the Type of Work to Play.
"Over 1,000 complete plays covering the range of dramatic expression: including one-act plays, puppet plays, Harlinquinades, tragedies, gothic, children's, religious, romantic, historical, children's and comedic plays. The collection includes many nationalities, all in English or English translations. Plays are analyzed for subjects, and also list all characters."
"provides a reference list for commercially-released show music recordings, starting with those captured on early cylinders in the late 19th century and continuing through compact disc productions of the early 21st century."
"Which Shows Are Included? Stage Shows
- Any American stage show with songs, whether operetta, book musical, or revue.
- Foreign musical shows that played in the U.S. or were written by American composers. Motion Pictures and Television Programs
- Any American motion picture or television show with musical numbers.
- Film musicals from England, France, and Germany that saw limited release in the U.S. Additional Types of Shows
- College shows, amateur shows, and industrial shows if they are of special interest, such as having well‑known composers or performers.
- "Concept musicals" or productions originally conceived as sound recordings.
- Puppet shows with songs, popular oratorios, pageants, and cantatas, if they are in the tradition of the American musical theater."