It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Optics InfoBase (The Optical Society)"a cutting-edge repository that contains OSA Publishing's content, including 17 flagship, partnered and co-published peer-reviewed journals and 1 magazine. With more than 272,000 articles including papers from over 470 conferences, Optics InfoBase is the largest peer-reviewed collection of optics and photonics."
Optics ImageBank - Browse and search across over 200,000 images from OSA’s core journals
Topic Collections include:
- Biomedical Optics & Medical Imaging
- Communication & Information Technologies
- Defense & Security
- Electronic Imaging & Signal Processing
- Light Sources & Illumination
- Lithography & Microelectronics
- Remote Sensing
Web of Science (1965+)For search tips see the Web of Science Unraveled guide.
Citation Indexes for finding articles that cite a given author or citation.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (1965+)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (1965+)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975+)
Citation Connection is now available. This includes:
- Data Citation Index (1900+)
- Derwent Innovations Index – Patents Database (1963+)
- Book Citation Index: Scholarly Books (2005+)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (1990+)
- Index Chemicus (IC) (1989+)
- Current Chemical Reactions (1993+)
- Current Contents Connect (1998+)
Provides citation indexing of top high-impact journals with powerful tools such as cited reference searching and Author Finder, 256 categories thoroughly cover the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- Aerospace Database
- Electronics & Communications Abstracts
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Journals
- ProQuest Computer Science Collection
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Advanced Technologies
- Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts Subject coverage:
- Applied physics
- Artificial intelligence
- Atomic and molecular physics
- Circuits and logic
- Communications and networks
- Computer applications
- Computer programming
- Computer systems organization
- Computing milieux
- Condensed matter physics
- Database information systems and applications
- Decision support systems
- Electronics and electrical engineering
- Electronics and communications milieux
- Geophysics and earth resources
- Hardware and evaluation
- Information systems
- Lasers and masers
- Local area networks
- Logic and switching theories
- Mathematics of computing
- Meteorology, climatology and oceanography
- Nuclear and high energy physics
- Optical and acoustic technology
- Plasma physics
- Software engineering
- Solid state milieux
- Telecommunications, equipment & instrumentation
Institute of Physics eBooks (IoP)"IOP Expanding Physics publishes high-quality texts from leading voices across the research landscape on key areas in physics and related subject areas. IOP Concise Physics focuses on shorter texts in rapidly advancing areas or topics where an introductory text is more appropriate."
SCOAP3 Repository (Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics)"SCOAP3 is a one-of-its-kind partnership of thousands of libraries, funding agencies and research centers in more than 40 countries. Working with leading publishers, SCOAP3 has converted key journals in the field of High-Energy Physics to Open Access at no cost for authors. All articles funded by SCOAP3 appear in the SCOAP3 repository upon publication. Several formats are available, including PDF, PDF/A and XML."
Journals (and publishers) participating in SCOAP3 include:
- Acta Physica Polonica B (Jagiellonian University)
- Advances in High Energy Phsyics (Hindawi)
- Chinese Physics C (Institute of Physics Publishing / Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- European Physical Journal C (Springer / Societa Italiana di Fisica)
- Journal of Cosmology & Astroparticle Physics (Institute of Physics Publishing / SISSA)
- Journal of High Energy Physics (Springer / SISSA)
- New Journal of Physics (Institute of Physics Publishing / Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft)
- Nuclear Physics B (Elsevier)
- Physics Letter B (Elsevier)
- Progress of Theoretical & Experimental Physics (Oxford University Press / Physical Society of Japan)
"Some of the topics covered are phase, crystal, and mechanical properties of solids, optical and dielectric properties, conductive and magnetic properties, exotic electronic structure and energy gaps, SQUIDs, impurity effects, flux structures and critical current, ceramics, twinning phenomena, and more. This database provides international coverage as well as coverage of numerous non-serial publications.
Sources covered include over 3,000 periodicals, conference proceedings, technical reports, trade journal/newsletter items, patents, books, and press releases."