"This database includes the ... AGRICOLA, TOXLINE, ESPM (Environmental Sciences and Pollution Management) and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) databases and provides full-text titles from around the world, including scholarly journals, trade and industry journals, magazines, technical reports, conference proceedings, and government publications. This database includes specialized, editorially-curated A&I resources covering such topics as the effects of pollution on people and animals and environmental action and policy responses."
- ProQuest Agriculture Journals
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Agricultural Science
-Climate change and global warming
-Conservation (soil, water, and wildlife)
-Environmental health, safety and risk
-Environmental law and policy
-Environmental management and protection
-Food and nutrition
-Occupational health and safety
-Pollution (air, noise, soil, and water)
-Agricultural and horticultural pest management
-Solid and toxic waste
-Sustainability and sustainable development
-Wastewater, sewage and sanitation
- Presents a spatial overview of food access indicators for low-income and other census tracts using different measures of supermarket accessibility;
- Provides food access data for populations within census tracts; and
- Offers census-tract-level data on food access that can be downloaded for community planning or research purposes.
"Food environment factors—such as store/restaurant proximity, food prices, food and nutrition assistance programs, and community characteristics—interact to influence food choices and diet quality."
"The objectives of the Atlas are:
- to assemble statistics on food environment indicators to stimulate research on the determinants of food choices and diet quality, and
- to provide a spatial overview of a community's ability to access healthy food and its success in doing so."
"The USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) conducts hundreds of surveys every year and prepares reports covering virtually every aspect of U.S. agriculture. Production and supplies of food and fiber, prices paid and received by farmers, farm labor and wages, farm finances, chemical use, and changes in the demographics of U.S. producers are only a few examples."
- Crops and Plants
- Economics and Prices
- Livestock and Animals
- Charts and Maps
- Research, Science, and Technology
- Education and Outreach
"Find nutrient information on over 8,000 foods using this new and improved search feature. You can now search by food item, group, or list to find the nutrient information for your food items. In addition, you can now access the USDA Ground Beef Calculator from the same search page."