The GuideStar database provides information about non-profit organizations. Every nonprofit registered with the IRS as tax exempt is included. It also contains information on former nonprofits as well as many nonprofits not registered with the IRS but recognized by the IRS as exempt, such as faith-based organizations. GuideStar obtains the data from the nonprofits themselves, the federal government, and partners in the nonprofit sector.
Data points may include tax-deduction eligibility; IRS subsection code; contact information; financial information; IRS forms; board and stafff leadership information.
contains references to more than 553,300 journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, grey literature, research reports, conference reports, publications of international agencies, microfiche, Internet material, & more.
The print index provides coverage for 1915-1974 - Main Library Reference H1.P8
"PAIS (originally, the Public Affairs Information Service) was established in 1914. There are two databases created from the files: PAIS International and PAIS Archive. PAIS International includes records from the print PAIS Bulletin 1977 and forward; it also includes PAIS print Foreign Language Index published 1972-1990, at which time it merged with the PAIS Bulletin.
The PAIS International database contains continually updated records for over half a million journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, grey literature, research reports, conference papers, web content, and more. Newspapers and newsletters are not indexed. PAIS International includes publications from over 120 countries throughout the world. In addition to English, some of the indexed materials are published in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and other languages. It is updated quarterly with over 17,000 current records added in total each year. PAIS Archive is a retrospective conversion of the PAIS Annual Cumulated Bulletin, volumes 1-62, published 1915-1976. PAIS Archive contains over 1.23 million records and covers monographs, periodical articles, notes and announcements, and analytics. The original, historical subject headings have been retained. PAIS Archive provides a unique perspective on the 20th century’s most important public and social policies, such as Prohibition, suffrage, pacifism, civil rights, McCarthyism, Vietnam War, and Watergate."
provides access to databases covering the international literature in the social sciences, including politics, sociology, social services, anthropology, criminology and education
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (ASSIA)
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS)
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA)
- PAIS International
- PILOTS: Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress
- ProQuest Criminal Justice
- ProQuest Education Journals
- ProQuest Political Science
- ProQuest Social Science Journals
- ProQuest Sociology
- Social Services Abstracts
- Sociological Abstracts
- Worldwide Political Science Abstracts
Sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. Includes information from an international selection of over 2,600 journals and other serials publications, plus conference papers, books, and dissertations.
a one-stop site hosting international journals published by Taylor & Francis and Routledge
You can search and browse the journals and reference works on Taylor & Francis Online for free. Use advanced search to restrict to "Only content I have full access to" unless you want to request articles through Interlibrary Loan since UCF's subscription only includes some journals, one reference work, and none of the abstract databases.
Journal subject coverage includes:
- Area Studies
- Behavioral Sciences (includes Archive Collection)
- Built Environment
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science (includes Archive Collection)
- Development Studies
- Earth Sciences
- Economics, Finance, Business & Industry
- Education (includes Archive Collection)
- Engineering & Technology (includes Archive Collection)
- Environment & Agriculture
- Environment & Sustainability
- Food Science & Technology
- Health & Social Care
- Information Science
- Language & Literature
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing & Allied Health
- Museum & Heritage Studies
- Physical Sciences (includes Chemistry Archive Collection)
- Politics & International Relations
- Social Sciences
- Sports & Leisure
- Tourism, Hospitality & Events
- Urban Studies
-Now linking to Wiley Online Homepage. For Publications, click link for Journals, Reference Works, or Online Books below search box
-Full text of Wiley's scholarly journals and many eBooks covering a variety of disciplines.
-See also Wiley-IEEE eBooks
- Agriculture, Aquaculture & Food Science
- Architecture & Planning
- Art & Applied Arts
- Business, Economics, Finance & Accounting
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Earth, Space & Environmental Sciences
- Law & Criminology
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Nursing, Dentistry & Healthcare
- Physical Sciences & Engineering
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine