It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
1. Assessing the Role of Shared Ethnicity in Latino Political Behavior
2. Latino Politics in the Twenty-First Century: A New Theory of Latino Political Behavior
3. Theory Meets Reality: Elite Perspectives on Latino Mobilization
4. Does Ethnic Identification Trump Party Identification?: Evaluating Latino Vote Choice in a Hypothetical Setting
5. The Impact of Latino Mayoral Candidates on Latino Voters: New Evidence from Five Mayoral Elections, 2001–2003
6. Latino Candidates for State Legislature and Congress: How Multiple Co-Ethnic Candidates Affect Turnout
7. ¿Viva Bill Richardson? Latino Voters and the 2008 Presidential Election
8. Ethnic Cues and the New American Voter: Implications and Conclusion
Call Number: UCF Main Library General Collection - 1st Floor -- E184.S75L3616 2014
The Latino Voice in Political Analysis, 1970-2014 : From Exclusion to Empowerment / Tony Affigne -- Identity Revisited: Latinos(as) and Panethnicity / Jessica Lavariega Monforti -- Latino Immigrant Transnational Ties : Who Has Them, and Why Do They Matter? / Sarah Allen Gershon and Adrian D. Pantoja -- Multiple Paths to Cynicism : Social Networks, Identity, and Linked Fate among Latinos / Jessica Lavariega Monforti and Melissa R. Michelson -- "Quién apoya qué? : The Influence of Acculturation and Political Knowledge on Latino Policy Attitudes / Regina Branton, Ana Franco, and Robert Wrinkle -- The Boundaries of American-ness : Perceived Barriers among Latino Subgroups / Heather Silber Mohamed -- Black and Latino Coalition Formation in New England : Perceptions of Cross-Racial Commonality / Katrina Gamble, Marion Orr, and Domingo Morel -- Racial Identities and Latino Public Opinion : Racial Self-Image and Policy Preferences among Latinos / Atiya Kai Stokes-Brown -- A "Southern Exception" in Black-Latino Attitudes? : Perceptions of Competition with African Americans and Other Latinos /Gabriel R. Sanchez and Matt Barreto -- Latino Politics and Power in the 21st Century : Insights from Political Analysis / Manny Avalos and Tony Affigne.
Introduction -- Hispanic political identity -- Hispanic public opinion and partisanship -- Turnout and political participation -- Political knowledge, efficacy, and awareness -- Voting behavior -- Intergroup relations and coalition building -- The complexity of studying Hispanic political behavior -- Postscript : Hispanics and the 2008 election.