It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- All major genres and time periods from medieval to contemporary, from choral works to symphonies, operas and the avant-garde.
- Classical works can be browsed by discipline, release date, language, label, performer, and more. Unique access points to drive discovery for users.
- More than 400 distinct instrument categories.
- More than150 distinct classical genres and sub-genres.
- Data on more than 10,000 individual composers and 100,000s of artists and ensembles.
- Grove Music Online
- Oxford Dictionary of Music
- Oxford Companion to Music
- Encyclopedia of Popular Music
- Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians
- New Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians
- New Grove Dictionary of Jazz
- New Grove Dictionary of Opera
See also the print indexes, General Collection AI 3 .R493 (1907-2004) - International Index to Periodicals / Social Sciences & Humanities Index / Humanities Index -- and the online version: Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective (1907-1984)
formerly Humanities Full Text (H.W. Wilson) (1983+)