English-language reference source for philosophy," has been the cornerstone of the philosophy reference shelf. Lauded for its clear and accessible presentation of wide-ranging philosophical subjects, the Encyclopedia has earned its place as a first-stop resource for general readers, students and educators.
Full text of 2000+ core research journals from the year of their inception, many dating back to the early 1900's, providing high-resolution, scanned images of journal issues and pages as they were originally designed, printed, and illustrated.
JSTOR also contains hundreds of Open-Access eBooks.
Browse by Subject:
- Area Studies (African American, African, American Indian, American, Asian, British, Irish, Jewish, Latin American, Middle East, Slavic)
- Arts (Architecture & Architectural History, Art & Art History, Music, Performing Arts)
- Business & Economics (Business, Development Studies, Economics, Finance, Labor & Employment Relations, Management & Organizational Behavior, Marketing & Advertising)
- History & History of Science & Technology
- Humanities (Bibliography, Classical Studies, Feminist & Women's Studies, Film, Folklore, Language & Literature, Philosophy, Religion)
- Law (Criminology & Criminal Justice)
- Medicine & Allied Health (Health Policy, Health Sciences, Public Health)
- Science & Mathematics (Aquatic Sciences, Astronomy, Biological Sciences, Botany & Plant Sciences, Chemistry, Developmental & Cell Biology, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Environmental Science, General Science, Geology, Mathematics, Paleontology, Physics, Statistics, Sustainability, Technology, Zoology)
- Social Sciences (Anthropology, Archaeology, Communication Studies, Education, Geography, International Relations, Library Science, Linguistics, Peace & Conflict Studies, Political Science, Population Studies, Psychology, Public Policy & Administration, Security Studies, Social Work, Sociology, Transportation Studies, Urban Studies)
"PhilPapers is a comprehensive index and bibliography of philosophy maintained by the community of philosophers."
"Using advanced trawling techniques and large scale crowdsourcing, we monitor all sources of research content in philosophy, including journals, books, open access archives, and personal pages maintained by academics. We also host the largest open access archive in philosophy."
ERIC is available from several database vendors, including ProQuest. UCF students are advised to use ERIC in EBSCOhost, which provides many links to full text and allows users to search multiple education databases simultaneously. Users who are not UCF students are advised to use ERIC from DOE because no login is required.
- Area & Ethnic Studies
- Art & Architecture
- Creative Writing
- Film, Theater, & Performing Arts
- Language & Linguistics
- Library Science & Publishing
- Medicine & Health
- Science, Technology, & Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Studies by Time Period
- Women's Studies, Gender, & Sexuality
"contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Ninety-eight percent of the covered material is peer-reviewed. The database also includes information about the psychological aspects of related fields such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, technology, linguistics, anthropology, business, law and others. Journal coverage, which spans from the1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,500 periodicals in dozens of languages."
* 1927-1947 Microfilm BF1.P65
* 1948-2004 print in remote storage