It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SCOAP3 Repository (Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics)"SCOAP3 is a one-of-its-kind partnership of thousands of libraries, funding agencies and research centers in more than 40 countries. Working with leading publishers, SCOAP3 has converted key journals in the field of High-Energy Physics to Open Access at no cost for authors. All articles funded by SCOAP3 appear in the SCOAP3 repository upon publication. Several formats are available, including PDF, PDF/A and XML."
Journals (and publishers) participating in SCOAP3 include:
- Acta Physica Polonica B (Jagiellonian University)
- Advances in High Energy Phsyics (Hindawi)
- Chinese Physics C (Institute of Physics Publishing / Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- European Physical Journal C (Springer / Societa Italiana di Fisica)
- Journal of Cosmology & Astroparticle Physics (Institute of Physics Publishing / SISSA)
- Journal of High Energy Physics (Springer / SISSA)
- New Journal of Physics (Institute of Physics Publishing / Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft)
- Nuclear Physics B (Elsevier)
- Physics Letter B (Elsevier)
- Progress of Theoretical & Experimental Physics (Oxford University Press / Physical Society of Japan)
Topic Collections include:
- Biomedical Optics & Medical Imaging
- Communication & Information Technologies
- Defense & Security
- Electronic Imaging & Signal Processing
- Light Sources & Illumination
- Lithography & Microelectronics
- Remote Sensing
Web of Science (1965+)For search tips see the Web of Science Unraveled guide.
Citation Indexes for finding articles that cite a given author or citation.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (1965+)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (1965+)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975+)
Citation Connection is now available. This includes:
- Data Citation Index (1900+)
- Derwent Innovations Index – Patents Database (1963+)
- Book Citation Index: Scholarly Books (2005+)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (1990+)
- Index Chemicus (IC) (1989+)
- Current Chemical Reactions (1993+)
- Current Contents Connect (1998+)
Provides citation indexing of top high-impact journals with powerful tools such as cited reference searching and Author Finder, 256 categories thoroughly cover the sciences, social sciences, arts, and humanities.
- Aerospace Database
- Electronics & Communications Abstracts
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies & Aerospace Journals
- ProQuest Computer Science Collection
- ProQuest Deep Indexing: Advanced Technologies
- Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts Subject coverage:
- Applied physics
- Artificial intelligence
- Atomic and molecular physics
- Circuits and logic
- Communications and networks
- Computer applications
- Computer programming
- Computer systems organization
- Computing milieux
- Condensed matter physics
- Database information systems and applications
- Decision support systems
- Electronics and electrical engineering
- Electronics and communications milieux
- Geophysics and earth resources
- Hardware and evaluation
- Information systems
- Lasers and masers
- Local area networks
- Logic and switching theories
- Mathematics of computing
- Meteorology, climatology and oceanography
- Nuclear and high energy physics
- Optical and acoustic technology
- Plasma physics
- Software engineering
- Solid state milieux
- Telecommunications, equipment & instrumentation
Aerospace Database (1962+)Applied research in aeronautics, astronautics, space sciences, chemistry, geosciences, physics, communications, electronics and military
This database provides indexing and abstracts from more than 4,000 current serial and non-serial titles, including content from AIAA and NASA. The database currently includes over 3.6M records from periodicals, conference papers, trade journals, magazines, books, patents and technical reports, with indexing back to the early 1960's. Covers all aspects of applied research in the aerospace and space sciences.
Inspec and Inspec Archive (Ei Village) (1896+)"Inspec includes bibliographic citations and indexed abstracts from publications in the fields of physics, electrical and electronic engineering, communications, computer science, control engineering, information technology, manufacturing and mechanical engineering, operations research, material science, oceanography, engineering mathematics, nuclear engineering, environmental science, geophysics, nanotechnology, biomedical technology and biophysics."
Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts (1974+)"This database includes records drawn from the world's literature on meteorology, climatology, atmospheric chemistry and physics, astrophysics, hydrology, glaciology, physical oceanography and environmental sciences."
- Air pollution
- Atmospheric disturbances
- Atmospheric structure
- Groundwater/surface water hydrology
- Hydrologic cycle
- Meteorological observations
- Physical oceanography
- Radiation and temperature
- Weather forecasting
NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS)"NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) provides access to aerospace-related citations, full-text online documents, and images and videos. The types of information include: conference papers, journal articles, meeting papers, patents, research reports, images, movies, and technical videos – scientific and technical information (STI) created or funded by NASA."
- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) (1915-1958)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (1958 to present)
- NASA Image eXchange (NIX) (1900 to present)
NASA Scope and Subject Category Guide
- Aeronautics: Includes aeronautics (general); aerodynamics; air transportation and safety; aircraft communications and navigation; aircraft design, testing and performance; avionics and aircraft instrumentation; aircraft propulsion and power; aircraft stability and control; and research and support facilities (air).
- Astronautics: Includes astronautics (general); astrodynamics; ground support systems and facilities (space); launch vehicles and launch operations; space transportation and safety; space communications, spacecraft communications, command, and tracking; spacecraft design, testing and performance; spacecraft instrumentation and astrionics; and spacecraft propulsion and power.
- Chemistry & Materials: Includes chemistry and materials (general); composite materials; inorganic, organic and physical chemistry; metals and metallic materials; nonmetallic materials; propellants and fuels; and space processing.
- Engineering: Includes engineering (general); communications and radar; electronics and electrical engineering; fluid mechanics and thermodynamics; instrumentation and photography; lasers and masers; mechanical engineering; quality assurance and reliability; and structural mechanics.
- Geosciences: Includes geosciences (general); earth resources and remote sensing; energy production and conversion; environment pollution; geophysics; meteorology and climatology; and oceanography.
- Life Sciences: Includes life sciences (general); aerospace medicine; behavioral sciences; man/system technology and life support; and exobiology.
- Mathematical & Computer Sciences: Includes mathematical and computer sciences (general); computer operations and hardware; computer programming and software; computer systems; cybernetics, artificial intelligence and robotics; numerical analysis; statistics and probability; systems analysis and operations research; and theoretical mathematics.
- Physics: Includes physics (general); acoustics; atomic and molecular physics; nuclear physics; optics; plasma physics; solid-state physics; and physics of elementary particles and fields.
- Social & Information Sciences: Includes social and information sciences (general); administration and management; documentation and information science; economics and cost analysis; law, political science, and space policy; and technology utilization and surface transportation.
- Space Sciences: Includes space sciences (general); astronomy; astrophysics; lunar and planetary science and exploration; solar physics; and space radiation.
- General: Includes aerospace related reports of a general or broad nature; histories, biographies, or overviews of aerospace programs.
Science Direct (1997+)Full text scientific, technical and medical research journals, eBooks, Reference works, handbooks and book series published by Elsevier.
"Some of the topics covered are phase, crystal, and mechanical properties of solids, optical and dielectric properties, conductive and magnetic properties, exotic electronic structure and energy gaps, SQUIDs, impurity effects, flux structures and critical current, ceramics, twinning phenomena, and more. This database provides international coverage as well as coverage of numerous non-serial publications.
Sources covered include over 3,000 periodicals, conference proceedings, technical reports, trade journal/newsletter items, patents, books, and press releases."
The Landolt-Börnstein Database - 400 volumes, 250,000 substances and 1,200,000 citations
The complete Linus Pauling Files - A comprehensive database about the properties of inorganic solid phases, consisting of 255,000 documents
A subset of the Dortmund Database of Software and Separation Technology - Covering the Thermophysical Properties of pure liquids and binary mixtures, with 425,000 data points
An Adsorption database - covers over 1,000 reversible, equilibrium isotherms
A Polymer Thermodyamics database - that contains 140,000 datapoints about 150 polymers
44,000 Chemical Safety Documents
- REACH Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals
- GHS Globally Harmonized System
- RoHS Restriction of Hazardous Substances
- WEEE Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Provides options to search by elements, search by structure, or search the corrosion database by material name and/or environment.