Popular Music, 1900-1919 : an annotated guide to American popular songs, including introductory essay, lyricists and composers index, important performances index, chronological index, and list of publishers
Call Number: UCF Main Library Reference -- ML 120.U5 S5 1988
Indexing and full text of articles for array of scholarly and popular topics. Provides full text for over 4,600 scholarly journals covering the social sciences, humanities, science, cultural studies, education, and much more.
“This database includes feature articles, interviews, obituaries, bibliographies, original works of fiction, book reviews, and reviews of ballets, dance programs, motion pictures, musicals, operas, plays, and much more.”
See also the print indexes, Reference Collection AI 3 .R493 (1907-2004) - International Index to Periodicals / Social Sciences & Humanities Index / Humanities Index -- and the online version: Humanities & Social Sciences Index Retrospective (1907-1984)
formerly Humanities Full Text (H.W. Wilson) (1983+)
Comprehensive resource on all aspects of music, including text from several Grove titles
- Grove Music Online
- Oxford Dictionary of Music
- Oxford Companion to Music
- Encyclopedia of Popular Music
- Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians
- New Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians
- New Grove Dictionary of Jazz
- New Grove Dictionary of Opera
combines Gale biographies with related full-text articles from magazines and newspapers, thousands images, and links to vetted websites.
People included are from throughout history, around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas. Search by name, birth and death years and places, nationality, ethnicity, occupation or gender.
- List of Sources included, such as the Dictionary of American Biography is available on the Gale Support - Title Lists for the database "Gale in Context: Biography"
UCF ARC Main General Collection -- CT 213 .B53
Identifies 12.7 million biographical sketches in more than 3,400 current and retrospective reference books, covering contemporary and historical figures throughout the world.
"indexes current, readily available reference sources, as well as the most important retrospective works that cover individuals, both living and deceased, from every field of activity and from all areas of the world.... BGMI indexes only reference works containing multiple biographies; it does not index periodical articles or books of biography about a single individual. Sources...are of several types:
- Biographical dictionaries and who's whos, which supply information on a number of individuals.
- Subject encyclopedias, which include some biographical entries.
- Volumes of literary criticism, which may contain only a limited amount of biographical information but give critical surveys of a writer's works.
- Indexes, which refer the user to a body of information found elsewhere."