It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
includes entries for individual countries regarding the system of education
- General Background
- Politics & Goals of the Education System
- The Formal System of Education
- Administrative & Supervisory Structure & Operation
- Educational Finance
- Supplying Personnel for the Education System
- Curriculum Development & Teaching Methodology
- The System of Examinations, Promotions, & Certifications
- Educational Assessment, Evaluation, & Research
- Major Reforms in the 1980s and 1990s
- Major Problems for the Year 2000
World Education Encyclopedia: A Survey of Educational Systems Worldwide
Call Number: UCF Main Library Reference -- LB15.W87 2002
This country-by-country survey of educational systems provides detailed essays on the histories, legal foundations, and primary and secondary educational systems of 233 countries. This updated and expanded edition gives users up-to-date coverage of reorganized educational systems and high-interest topics such as technological advances.
"consists of more than 400 terms, phrases, concepts, U.S. Supreme Court decisions, significant contributors to the American macroculture from the country’s various racial and/or ethnic backgrounds and key events, and court cases related to multicultural education"