Users must create a free account (or link an existing JSTOR account) for access.
A digital library of nearly one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences for research and pedagogical purposes.
To download images you must complete the free registration and log in.
- Detroit Historical Museums Historic Costume Collection - Dorothea June Grossbart Historic Costume Collection (Wayne State University) - Meadow Brook Hall Historic Costume Collection - The Henry Ford Costume Collection
"The full contents of Vogue magazine (US edition) in full color page image, from the first issue in 1892 to the present, with monthly updates for new issues."
Search for title keyword "stage" to retrieve recurring entries for "Seen on the Stage" and "Dress on the Stage"
"includes over 13,000 images of items selected from the Federal Theatre Project Collection at the Library of Congress. Featured here are stage and costume designs, still photographs, posters, and scripts for productions of Macbeth and The Tragical History of Dr. Faustus as staged by Orson Welles, and for Power, a topical drama of the period (over 3,000 images). Also included are 68 other playscripts (6,500 images) and 168 documents selected from the Federal Theatre Project Administrative Records (3,700 images)."
"a rare collection of original materials on the theatre comprising over 5000 items from more than 150 productions in England and the United States. These materials include costume and set designs, sketches, notes, photographs, prop lists, storyboards, and swatches of fabric."
Slide Collections in the UCF Library
A History of Costume in Slides, Notes, and Commentaries by by Jeanne Button ; photography by Stephen Sbarge
Call Number: Main Library Special Collections Oversize -- TT504.B98 1975
Documents in detail the historical development of both men's and women's fashion from ancient Egyptian times to the twentieth century. (1186 color slides)
- v. 1. 3100 B.C. to 1100 A.D.
- v. 2. 1100 to 1510
- v. 3. 1500- 1615
- v. 4. 1615 to 1785
- v. 5. 1785 to 1930.
The following slide collections are available for Faculty Checkout Only.
Architecture, Interiors & Furniture by Stephen Sbarge
Call Number: Main Library Special Collections -- NA202.S25 1978
The slides and text for each period are side by side in eight bound ringbinder volumes with slip cases. (1900 color slides)
- v. 1. 2800 B.C.-150 B.C. Egypt, Crete-Mycenae, Greece
- v. 2. 350 B.C.-325 A.D. Rome, Pompeii
- v. 3. 250-1200. Early Christian, Byzantine, Romanesque
- v. 4. 660-1540. Gothic, English Medieval
- v. 5. 1420-1600. Italian Renaissance
- v. 6. 1500-1750. European Renaissance, Baroque
- v. 7. 1600-1800. France, England
- v. 8. 1800-1975. Europe, United States.