PubMed citations and abstracts include the fields of biomedicine and health, covering portions of the life sciences, behavioral sciences, chemical sciences, and bioengineering. PubMed also provides access to additional relevant web sites and links to the other NCBI molecular biology resources.
PubMed is a free resource that is developed and maintained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), located at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Publishers of journals can submit their citations to NCBI and then provide access to the full-text of articles at journal web sites using LinkOut."
Citation Indexes for finding articles that cite a given author or citation.
- Science Citation Index Expanded (1965+)
- Social Sciences Citation Index (1965+)
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (1975+)
Citation Connection is now available. This includes:
- Data Citation Index (1900+)
- Derwent Innovations Index – Patents Database (1963+)
- Book Citation Index: Scholarly Books (2005+)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (1990+)
- Index Chemicus (IC) (1989+)
- Current Chemical Reactions (1993+)
- Current Contents Connect (1998+)
"contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s with DOIs for over 1.4 million records. Ninety-eight percent of the covered material is peer-reviewed. The database also includes information about the psychological aspects of related fields such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, technology, linguistics, anthropology, business, law and others. Journal coverage, which spans from the1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,500 periodicals in dozens of languages."
* 1927-1947 Microfilm BF1.P65
* 1948-2004 print in remote storage
Coverage includes nuclear technology, bioengineering, transportation, chemical and process engineering, light and optical technology, agricultural engineering and food technology, computers and data processing, applied physics, electronics and communications, control, civil, mechanical, materials, petroleum, aerospace and automotive engineering as well as narrower subtopics within all these and other major engineering fields.
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins (LWW) is an imprint of the publisher Wolters Kluwer. Subject areas include:
Intro to Clinical Medicine
Subject content includes anatomy; communication disorders; microbiology; paramedical professions; pathology; physiology; psychiatry; toxicology; dentistry; parasitology; reproductive biology; epidemiology; gene therapy; surgical and pharmaceutical intervention; nursing practice; ethical and legal issues; institutional operations; laboratory techniques and procedures; diagnosis and management; clinical research trials and experimental treatment protocols; legislation and regulation; allied health specialties; continuing education; investigational drugs and new drug uses, and some veterinary medicine.
Evidence-Based Monographs - "The core database contains the detailed, evidence-based monographs on individual natural ingredients (e.g., glucosamine, echinacea, etc). There are currently almost 1,100 monographs on these individual natural ingredients."
- Monograph Name, Also Known As, Scientific Names
- People Use This For
- Safety Rating
- Effectiveness Rating
- Mechanism of Action
- Adverse Reactions
- Drug Influences on Nutrient Levels & Depletion
- Dosage & Administration Brand Name Products - "This Database contains information for over 90,000 brand name products. For each brand name product, the Database provides an ingredient listing. Each ingredient then links directly to the evidence-based ingredient monograph that provides detailed information on safety, effectiveness, interactions, dosing, and other practical information." USP Verified Brands - "The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) verifies brand name products that meet rigorous quality standards." Clinically Studied Brands - "The Database provides an Editor’s Comment and Effectiveness Rating for each commercial brand name product that has been studied in a clinical trial." Canadian Licensed Natural Health Products - "In 2004, Canada began regulating natural medicines as a category of products separate from foods or drugs. These products are officially recognized as Natural Health Products. These products include vitamins, minerals, herbal preparations, homeopathic products, probiotics, fatty acids, amino acids, and other naturally derived supplements." Herbal Fixed Combination Products - "Traditional Chinese medicines and Ayurvedic medicines often come in a “fixed combination” of herbal ingredients. The combinations represent standard herbal formulations with specific, unique names."
"Three main categories of documents are included: (1) reports, studies, and papers submitted by projects funded by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (as featured in the NIDILRR Program Directory); (2) articles published in rehabilitation-related periodicals; and (3) commercially published books. Some non-print materials are also included."
You can search and browse the journals and reference works on Taylor & Francis Online for free. Use advanced search to restrict to "Only content I have full access to" unless you want to request articles through Interlibrary Loan since UCF's subscription only includes some journals, one reference work, and none of the abstract databases.
Journal subject coverage includes:
- Area Studies
- Behavioral Sciences (includes Archive Collection)
- Built Environment
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science (includes Archive Collection)
- Development Studies
- Earth Sciences
- Economics, Finance, Business & Industry
- Education (includes Archive Collection)
- Engineering & Technology (includes Archive Collection)
- Environment & Agriculture
- Environment & Sustainability
- Food Science & Technology
- Health & Social Care
- Information Science
- Language & Literature
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing & Allied Health
- Museum & Heritage Studies
- Physical Sciences (includes Chemistry Archive Collection)
- Politics & International Relations
- Social Sciences
- Sports & Leisure
- Tourism, Hospitality & Events
- Urban Studies
"ProQuest Dissertations and Theses: Global (PQDTGlobal) is the world's most comprehensive collection of full-text dissertations and theses. As the official digital dissertations archive for the Library of Congress and as the database of record for graduate research, PQDTGlobal includes millions of searchable citations to dissertations and theses from 1861 to the present day together with over a million full-text dissertations that are available for download in PDF format. Over 2.1 million titles are available for purchase as printed copies. The database offers full text for most of the dissertations added since 1997 and strong retrospective full-text coverage for older graduate works. It also includes PQDT UK & Ireland content."
"There are approximately 380,000 records relating to theses awarded by over 120 institutions. Around 120,000 of these also provide access to the full text thesis, either via download from the EThOS database or via links to the institution’s own repository. Of the remaining 260,000 records dating back to at least 1800, three quarters are available to be ordered for scanning through the EThOS digitisation-on-demand facility."