It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
"This video focuses on effective ways to understand and organize data using descriptive statistics. Analyzing data collected from studies of young music students, the video helps viewers sort through basic data-interpretation concepts: measures of central tendency, levels of measurement, measures of dispersion, and graphs. A wide range of organization principles are covered, including mode, median, and mean; discrete and continuous data; nominal, ordinal, interval, and ratio data; standard deviation; and normal distribution. Animation and graphics clarify and reinforce each concept. The video concludes with a quick quiz to assess understanding and focus on key areas."
- Scientific experiments : cause and effect (01:18)
- Generalizability, reliability, and validity (03:13)
- Measures of central tendency : mode, median, and mean (03:21)
- Levels of measurement : nominal, ordinal, and interval (05:57)
- Measures of dispersion : range and standard deviation (07:50)
- Graphs : normal distributions (06:23)
- Discrete data : bar chart, pie chart, histogram (03:23)
- Continuous data : line graphs and skewed distributions (01:44)
- Quantitative data quiz (02:31)
"Who said statistics were boring? Using magic and circus motifs, this program demonstrates the significance of probability theory and the importance of using the correct test to analyze research data. Host Amy and her friend Matt the Magician guide viewers through the need to make probability statements, and along with a team of students, use juggling skills to explore choice of test. Setting significance levels, tests of difference, the sign test, degrees of freedom, Yates correction, expected frequencies, parametric tests, and plastic interval scales are explored. Supporting graphics and animation enliven each discussion point and set up questions posed to viewers."
- Statistics : probability and certainty (05:29)
- Statistics : probability and prediction (03:53)
- Statistics : errors (01:05)
- Statistics : levels of significance (02:08)
- Tests of difference (04:00)
- Parametric tests (01:41)
- Binomial sign test (06:01)
- Statistical significance (03:30)
- Statistics : Wilcoxon signed-ranks test (02:43)
- Statistics : t-test (04:03)