Pivot, formerly known as Community of Science, is a directory of grants and funding for research, scholarship, and related activities. With Pivot, you can create a customized profile based on funding opportunities related to your specific research interests. To set up a Pivot account:
Setting Up an Account
1. Go to http://pivot.proquest.com
2. Click “Sign up” in the upper left corner to create an account
3. Fill out the new account form.
- For Email, use your UCF email address. Your UCF email will also be your log in ID.
- Affiliated member institution should default to University of Central Florida. If it doesn’t, click the dropdown box and select University of Central Florida.
4. You will be sent a confirmation email. Click on the link to complete the account setup process.
Claiming a Profile
Claiming a profile allows you to see funding recommendations based on your research expertise from the Pivot Advisor on your home page. To claim a profile:
1) Sign in to Pivot and click the “claim your profile” link in the upper corner
2) You should see your name listed*. Click the “Claim” button on the right. You will be taken to a new tab.
3) It takes Pivot approximately a week for your profile to be claimed. You can still use Pivot during this time to search for funding opportunities. You will receive an email confirmation notifying you when the claiming process is complete.
* If your name does not show up in the results, click “Suggest a Scholar” on the left.
Managing your Search Results:
How to Save Your Search:
How to Track Opportunities: