- Criminal Justice
U.S. Demographic Maps, Census 1790-2010 -- "over 15,000 demographic and socio-economic maps of the United States between 1790 and 2010"
U.S. Religion Maps
- Religion 2009 & 2010 -- "Infogroup provides the most complete and accurate database of churches and religious associated businesses with approximately 350,000 houses of worship."
- Religion 1980-2010 -- "Based on the Religious Congregations and Membership Study (RCMS), this is the most complete census available on religion in the United States."
- Churches by Faith, 1850-1870 -- included in Decennial Census counts
Indexes and abstracts federal government statistics since 1974; business, association and state government data since 1980, and international agencies since 1983. The UCF Library has the full text of some reports in print or microfiche formats. This database was previously known as LexisNexis Statistical Insight.
Statistics, Demographics & Census Resources
- Profiles of Florida (Gale Virtual Reference Library)
"Provides detailed demographic and statistical data on the state of Florida, including demographics on each county and individual city or town; detailed data on school districts; Hispanic and Asian population statistics; informative statistics and rankings on ancestry groups; weather statistics; and comparative ranking charts."
- Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
the print version is available at the UCF Library's Research Assistance Desk.
- American FactFinder (U.S. Census)
provides current & historical Census data
- Florida Statistical Abstract (most issues not available online)
the print version is available at the UCF Library's Research & Information Desk.1994-1999 online
- Florida Research & Economic Information Database Application (FREIDA)
provides labor market information, economic, & demographic data for the state.
- Florida County Selection Map (U.S. Census)
provides links to QuickFacts tables with summary profiles showing frequently requested data items about each county. Includes summary profiles for cities, towns & places through a list below the map.
- STATS America (Indiana University)
provides data profiles for states, counties and metropolitan areas, along with calculations, graphs, comparisons of time or geography, time series and maps
- Census Atlas of the United States
"A variety of topics are covered in the Census Atlas, ranging from language and ancestry characteristics to housing patterns and the geographic distribution of the population. A majority of the maps in the Census Atlas present data at the county level, but data also are sometimes mapped by state, census tract (for largest cities and metropolitan areas), and for selected American Indian reservations."
- Diversity Data (Harvard School of Public Health)
"identifies metropolitan area indicators of diversity, opportunity, quality of life and health for various racial and ethnic population groups."
- SimplyMap (Geographic Research)
NOTE: Some data in "Health Care" module may be inaccurate. Please verify with other sources. more info
"enables non-technical users to quickly create professional quality thematic maps and reports using extensive demographic, business and marketing data."Research Guide
- DemographicsNow Library Edition
"A comprehensive web-based solution offering up-to-date resources on demographics and extensive market level information."Research Guide
- Social Explorer
- DataFerrett (U.S. Census Bureau)
"a unique data analysis and extraction tool-with recoding capabilities-to customize federal, state, and local data to suit your requirements. (FERRETT stands for Federated Electronic Research, Review, Extraction, and Tabulation Tool.) Using DataFerrett, you can develop an unlimited array of customized spreadsheets that are as versatile and complex as your usage demands."
- Census Tract Reference Maps
Call Number: Ready Reference HA36 .S84
"an easy-to-use, alphabetically-arranged dictionary and guide to current sources of factual qualitative information on well over 50,000 specific subjects, incorporating more than 155,000 citations and more than 1,000 sources of statistical information for more than 210 countries of the world"
Contact via Ask A Librarian
, Statistical Data
, Criminal Justice
, Political Science
, Public Administration
, Social Justice
, Legal Studies
Collection liaison for:
Games (board, dice, card)