See also: Civil Rights & Discrimination
GayLawNet "is dedicated to providing general information, news and resources concerning the law as it affects the global gay, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual and intersex (GLBTI) community and the simplest access to a gay or lesbian (or gay or lesbian-friendly) lawyer."
Housing & Mortgages for Gay & Lesbian Couples "explains the different approaches that same-sex couples can take to getting a mortgage, establishing ownership of a home, and creating legal documents that anticipate any legal or property-ownership issues that might occur if the couple breaks up or one partner dies."
Sexuality, Gender, & the Law: National & International provides links to resources (last updated in 2003)
Williams Institute (UCLA School of Law) "advances sexual orientation law and public policy through rigorous, independent research and scholarship, and disseminates it to judges, legislators, policymakers, media and the public."
Historic U.S. Court Cases - pt.4, Race, Gender, Sexual Orientation, & Disability
Reference KF 385 .A4 J64 2001
American Law Reports provide detailed discussions concerning legal issues with extensive summaries of relevant court cases.
Reference KF 132.A5...
- 40 ALR6th 375 - Actions by or Against Individuals or Groups Protesting or Picketing at Funerals
- 20 ALR6th 1 - Liability of Employer, Supervisor, or Manager for Intentionally or Recklessly Causing Employee Emotional Distress—Sexual Harassment, Sexual Discrimination, or Accusations Concerning Sexual Conduct or Orientation
- 8 ALR6th 667 - Validity and Application of Enactment Prohibiting Discrimination by Governmental Contractors on Basis of Sexual Orientation
- 7 ALR6th 135 - Imputation of Homosexuality as Defamation
- 105 ALR5th 217 - Sexual Conduct or Orientation as Ground for Denial of Admission to Bar
- 82 ALR5th 1 - Validity, Construction, & Application of State Enactment, Order, or Regulation Expressly Prohibiting Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- 80 ALR5th 469 - Examination & Challenge of State Case Jurors on Basis of Attitudes toward Homosexuality
- 80 ALR5th 255 - Validity, Construction, & Application of State or Local Enactments Regulating Parades
- 20 ALR4th 1009 - Validity of Statute Making Sodomy a Criminal Offense
- 54 ALR3d 897 - Prejudicial Effect of Prosecutor's Reference in Argument to Homosexual Acts or Tendencies of Accused which Are Not Material to His Commission of Offense Charged
- 27 ALR3d 1254 - Sale of Liquor to Homosexuals or Permitting Their Congregation at Licensed Premises as Ground for Suspension or Revocation of Liquor License
- 50 ALR Fed 516 - Validity, under First Amendment and 42 U.S.C.A. § 1983, of public college or university's refusal to grant formal recognition to, or permit meetings of, student homosexual organizations on campus
Dishonorable Passions: Sodomy Laws in America, 1861-2003 by William N. Eskridge, Jr.
General Collection KF 9328 .S6 E84 2008
- American body politics and the crime against nature, 1861-81
- From the sodomite to the homosexual, 1881-1935
- The antihomosexual Kulturkampf, 1935-61
- The case(s) against the crime against nature, 1935-61
- Homo equality and sodomy reform, 1961-69
- The crime against nature after Stonewall, 1969-75
- Gay civil rights and a new politics of preservation, 1975-86
- The crime against nature on trial, Bowers v. Hardwick,1986
- The lawyers and sodomy come out of their closets, 1986-2003
- Sodomy law at the Alamo, Lawrence v. Texas, 2003
- American public law after Lawrence
- Lawrencee and popular constitutionalism