Listed on the pages following this are lists of awards, honor books and notable book lists that provide the names and descriptions of books for elementary and middle grades, that through committees have been noted as the best of the best. I am hopeful this guide helps you on your journey to finding the best books for your kids, whether you are a parent, mentor or teacher. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at the CMC (407-823-2791), or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Searching for young adult books in the UCF Libraries catalog? Here's some steps to follow to get the most relevant results:
1. Go to the UCF Libraries catalog search.
2. Enter your search terms in the search bar. This can be a topic, an author, the name of an award, or whatever you're looking for. See the below tip for choosing search terms. Click "Search" or press the enter key.
3. Narrow your results to those items in the CMC, using the drop-down options on the right after entering your search terms. Click "Everything" to the right of the search bar and select "CMC Library Only" in the drop down. Alternatively, on the main UCF Libraries catalog search page, you can go to "Advanced Search" and click "CMC Library Only" at the top of the page.
4. You might now have several options in your search results. To further narrow the results, you can utilize the small drop-drop menu under the search bar at the top of the page. The default should be "All Items." Click that and select the medium you would like: Articles, Books/eBooks, Videos, Journals, Images, Dissertations, or Audio.
5. Once you have narrowed the search to fit your needs, browse the results. Items that are currently available for check out will say Available. Items that are currently being used by another patron will have a due date listed.
Keyword searching tips: