Listed on the pages following this are lists of awards, honor books and notable book lists that provide the names and descriptions of books for elementary and middle grades, that through committees have been noted as the best of the best. The CMC is hopeful this guide helps you on your journey to finding the best books for your kids, whether you are a parent, mentor or teacher. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at the CMC (407-823-2791), or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Searching for children's books in the UCF Libraries catalog? Here's some steps to follow to get the most relevant results:
1. Go to the UCF Libraries catalog search, or library.ucf.edu
2. Click "Advanced Search." Then select "CMC Library Only."
3. Enter your search terms in the search bar. This can be a topic, an author, the name of an award, or whatever you are looking for. Click "Search" or press the enter key.
4. You might now have several options in your search results. To further narrow the results, click "Search Criteria" to expand the search menu again. You can add additional search lines with different criteria. Also, you can use the drop down options to the right of the search bar. The top option should be "Material Type" and the default should be "All Items." Click that and select the medium you would like: Articles, Books/eBooks, Videos, Journals, Images, Dissertations, or Audio. You can also narrow your search by year. Below the "Material Type" drop down, there is an option to add start and end dates.
5. On the left hand side of your screen, you will see "Filter or expand your results", this is another way you can narrow your search results, this is especially helpful if you still see a lot of search results and would like to see fewer.
6. Once you have narrowed the search to fit your needs, browse the results. Items that are currently available for check out will say "Available." Items that are currently being used by another patron will say Not Available - Loan.
Keyword searching tips: