It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
a database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- General Reference
- Information & Publishing
- Multicultural Studies
- Nation & World
- Social Science
"The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language. It is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000 words— past and present—from across the English-speaking world."
The 20-volume print set is available in the Main Library Reference -- PE1625.M7 1989.
Now includes updated editions of Encyclopedia of Associations! For additional directories included, click more.
1. Directory of Special Libraries and Information Centers
2. Encyclopedia of Associations: International Organizations
3. Encyclopedia of Associations: National Organizations
4. Encyclopedia of Associations: Regional/State/Local
5. Encyclopedia of Governmental Advisory Organizations
6. Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media
7. Government Research Directory
8. International Research Center Directory
9. Publishers Directory
10. Research Centers Directory
11. Ward’s Business Directory of U.S. Private and Public Companies
UCF access to the full directory library ended on Dec. 31, 2018 due to funding. We retain access to the directories listed above.