It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
"The MABLE/Geocorr geographic correspondence engine generates files and/or reports showing the relationships between a wide variety of geographic coverages for the United States."
It can, for example, tell you with which county or counties each ZIP code in the state of California shares population. It can tell you, for each of those ZIP/county intersections, what the size of that intersection is (based on 1990 population or other user-specifed variable) and what portion of the ZIP's total population is in that intersection.
The output files created by this application are referred to as "correlation lists". Other commonly used terms for such entities are "equivalency files", "crosswalk files", and "geographic correspondence files". A correlation list consists of a set of "source geocodes" specifying the geographic coverage to be related (i.e the "known" geographic coverage), and a set of "target geocodes" specifying the geographic coverage to which we want to relate the source areas."
Critical analyses and brief plot summaries of the most studied works in the history of literature: long fiction, short fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and drama.
- Critical Survey of Drama
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction
- Critical Survey of Mystery & Detective Fiction
- Critical Survey of Poetry
- Critical Survey of Short Fiction
- Cyclopedia of Literary Characters
- Cyclopedia of Literary Places
- Cyclopedia of World Authors
- Dictionary of World Biography (The Ancient World, The Middle Ages, The Renaissance, The 17th & 18th Centuries, The 19th Century, The 20th Century)
- Encyclopedia of the Ancient World
- Guide to Literary Masters & Their Works
- Identities & Issues in Literature
- Magill's Book Reviews
- Magill's Choice: Holocaust Literature
- Magill's Guide to Science Fiction & Fantasy Literature
- Magill's History Annual, 1983-1985
- Magill's Literary Annuals, 1977+
- Magill's Survey of American Literature
- Magill's Survey of World Literature
- Masterplots II: African American Literature
- Masterplots II: American Fiction
- Masterplots II: British & Commonwealth Fiction
- Masterplots II: Christian Literature
- Masterplots II: Drama
- Masterplots II: European Fiction
- Masterplots II: Juvenile & Young Adult Biography
- Masterplots II: Juvenile & Young Adult Fiction
- Masterplots II: Juvenile & Young Adult Literature
- Masterplots II: Nonfiction
- Masterplots II: Poetry
- Masterplots II: Short Story
- Masterplots II: Women's Literature
- Masterplots II: World Fiction
- Sixties in America
"a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. The collection is particularly strong in the subject areas of education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology. This site provides access to 267 monograph volumes and over 100,000 journal articles with 19th century imprints."
"a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. The collection is particularly strong in the subject areas of education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology. The collection currently contains approximately 10,000 books and 50,000 journal articles with 19th century imprints."
designed to provide citizens, scientists, professionals, and planners with comprehensive and current water quality, hydrologic, and ecological data, as well as information about recreational opportunities and a library of scientific and educational materials on water resource issues.
"a nonpartisan research organization that reveals money’s influence on politics in the U.S. Congress and in the California and Wisconsin state legislatures. We provide journalists and citizens with transparency tools that connect data on campaign contributions, politicians, legislative votes, industries, companies, and more to show patterns of influence never before possible to see. These tools allow users to gain unique insights into how campaign contributions affect policy so they can draw their own conclusions about how money influences our political system."
International industry and company information, including SWOT profiles
- for access to some MarketLine reports, connect to Business Source Premier, search for "Marketline" and then use the left column filter to limit Publisher to "Marketline"
Short biographical information from these famous Marquis Who's Who series: Who's Who in America, Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in American History, Who's Who in American Art, and Who's Who in American Politics.
full text from 500+ popular, high school magazines, 360+ reference books, 85K+ biographies, 100K+ primary source documents, and an Image Collection of 285K+ photos, maps & flags, color PDFs and expanded full text backfiles (back to 1975) for key magazines
brings together in one place the majority of the leading materials science databases, with specialist content on materials science, metallurgy, ceramics, polymers, and composites used in engineering application.
offers worldwide overview of literature on mathematics education, including didactics in mathematics to text books & teaching material; also covers education in computer science on the elementary level.
the only international reference database offering a world-wide overview of current and recent literature on mathematics education. This ranges from didactics in mathematics to text books and teaching material. MathEduc also covers education in computer science on the elementary level. The scope includes literature for all school levels up to university education, teachers' training, job training, and general educational and pedagogical issues. About 500 journals from all over the world are evaluated.
"provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 5,400 current biomedical journals."
Subject content includes anatomy; communication disorders; microbiology; paramedical professions; pathology; physiology; psychiatry; toxicology; dentistry; parasitology; reproductive biology; epidemiology; gene therapy; surgical and pharmaceutical intervention; nursing practice; ethical and legal issues; institutional operations; laboratory techniques and procedures; diagnosis and management; clinical research trials and experimental treatment protocols; legislation and regulation; allied health specialties; continuing education; investigational drugs and new drug uses, and some veterinary medicine.
- MEDLINE (1946+)
- In-Process MEDLINE (& other non-indexed citations)
- Old MEDLINE (1946-1965)
"Ovid MEDLINE ® covers the international literature on biomedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to medicine and health care. Information is indexed from approximately 5,400 journals published world-wide."
"The Ovid MEDLINE ® In-Process & Other Non-Indexed Citations database consists of In-Process and PubMed-not-MEDLINE records from NLM. The In-Process records are records that will be put into the Medline database after they have been enhanced with MeSH headings. PubMed-not-MEDLINE records are records from journals found in PubMed but not selected for MEDLINE. These records are constantly changing. PubMed-not-MEDLINE records will not be added to the Medline database. Ovid receives records from NLM on a daily basis, however we are dependent upon NLM's update schedule."
"Ovid OLDMEDLINE ® covers the international biomedical journals covering the fields of medicine, preclinical sciences, and allied health sciences. The citations were originally printed in hard copy indexes published from 1946 through 1965."
"MEDLINE® is a bibliographic database produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. The database contains millions of citations, derived from thousands of biomedical and life science journals, and indexed with Medical Subject Headings (MeSH®) from the NLM controlled vocabulary. Extending back to 1946, annual input now exceeds 700,000 citations."
"MEDLINE on this service contains over 20 million citations and abstracts, providing unparalleled access to worldwide biomedical literature. The database contains a broad range of medical topics relating to research, clinical practice, administration, policy issues, and health care services. Produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE contains all records published in Index Medicus and since 2002, most citations previously included in separate NLM specialty databases such as SPACELINE and HISTLINE. Subject content includes anatomy; communication disorders; microbiology; paramedical professions; pathology; physiology; psychiatry; toxicology; dentistry; parasitology; reproductive biology; epidemiology; gene therapy; surgical and pharmaceutical intervention; nursing practice; ethical and legal issues; institutional operations; laboratory techniques and procedures; diagnosis and management; clinical research trials and experimental treatment protocols; legislation and regulation; allied health specialties; continuing education; investigational drugs and new drug uses, and some veterinary medicine."
PubMed® comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
PubMed citations and abstracts include the fields of biomedicine and health, covering portions of the life sciences, behavioral sciences, chemical sciences, and bioengineering. PubMed also provides access to additional relevant web sites and links to the other NCBI molecular biology resources.
PubMed is a free resource that is developed and maintained by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), at the U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM), located at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Publishers of journals can submit their citations to NCBI and then provide access to the full-text of articles at journal web sites using LinkOut."
The consumer health database from the National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus has extensive information from the National Institutes of Health and other trusted sources on over 800 diseases and conditions.
"Medscape from WebMD offers specialists, primary care physicians, and other health professionals the Web's most robust and integrated medical information and educational tools. After a simple, 1-time, free registration, Medscape from WebMD automatically delivers to you a personalized specialty site that best fits your registration profile."
Allergy & Immunology
Business of Medicine
Diabetes & Endocrinology
OB/GYN & Women's Health
Pathology & Lab Medicine
Dental and Oral Health
Mergent products were integrated into FTSE Russell on August 31, 2019.
Company histories, business, properties, income statements, balance sheets, long-term debts, lines of credit
Corporate Manuals, 1909-2013
- Bank & Finance
- OTC Industrial
- Public Utility
- OTC Unlisted
- Archives Supplement
- Archives Supplement International Municipal Manuals, 1918-2013
See also Nexis Uni - Company Dossier and Mergent Intellect
Mergent products were integrated integrated into FTSE Russell on August 31, 2019.
Equity research reports, company documents and financial information, and industry reports with sector level analysis covering current environment, industry profiles, performance, market trends outlook. 5 Years of financial highlights and business summary information.
Company investment and financial information including annual, industry and equity reports as well as general contact information for each domestic and international company in the database
the only comprehensive source for information on metals and alloys: their properties, manufacturing, applications, and development.
indexing 1966+; abstracts 1979+
"METADEX contains over 1,425,000 references and is the database equivalent of Metals Abstracts, Metals Abstracts Index, and Alloys Index.
Sources covered include over 3,000 periodicals, conference proceedings, technical reports, trade journal/newsletter items, patents, books, and press releases." Subject coverage:
- Metal matrix composites
- Nonferrous metals
- Heat treatment
- Extracting and smelting
- Blast furnaces
- Environmental and safety issue
MicroPatents Materials Patents* (CSA)
Searches of CSA Technology Research Database, CSA Materials Research Database with METADEX, or any CSA-MRD subfiles retrieve patents related to materials science & engineering in addition to bibliographic records
"a selective annotated list of fiction and nonfiction books for young people in grades five through nine, along with review sources and other professional aids for children's librarians and school media specialists."
Offers full text current news pertaining to all branches of the military, this database offers a thorough collection of periodicals, academic journals and other content pertinent to the increasing needs of those sites.
"AMAR builds on MAR but uses a new set of selection criteria that is free from the selection issues known to plague other data on ethnic groups. These selection criteria are based on the concept of "socially relevant" ethnic groups, rather than groups that are "at risk", to identify an expanded list of 1,202 ethnic groups, more than 900 of which were not in the original MAR dataset. Based on this list, the project created a new database – the AMAR Phase I data – which is more representative of the universe of socially relevant ethnic groups."
"Minorities at Risk (MAR) tracks 284 politically-active ethnic groups throughout the world from 1945 to 2006, identifying where they are, what they do, and what happens to them. MAR focuses specifically on ethnopolitical groups, defined as non-state communal groups that have "political significance" in the contemporary world because of their status and political actions." The MAR project's last update was completed in February 2009 for the years 2004-2006. Information and data from MAR is available at:
Indexes critical literary and language scholarship in journals and serials published worldwide.
Multicultural Education Abstracts*
A current awareness service which draws on a wide range of international sources in order to serve the information needs of those throughout the world, concerned with multicultural education
provides searchable regulations of over 2,000 local governments (including 50+ Florida counties and 250+ Florida cities) - most in AL, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, LA, MI, MN, MO, NC, SC, TX, VA & WI Other Local Government Codes & Ordinances
"NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) provides access to aerospace-related citations, full-text online documents, and images and videos. The types of information include: conference papers, journal articles, meeting papers, patents, research reports, images, movies, and technical videos – scientific and technical information (STI) created or funded by NASA."
- National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) (1915-1958)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (1958 to present)
- NASA Image eXchange (NIX) (1900 to present)
NASA Scope and Subject Category Guide
- Aeronautics: Includes aeronautics (general); aerodynamics; air transportation and safety; aircraft communications and navigation; aircraft design, testing and performance; avionics and aircraft instrumentation; aircraft propulsion and power; aircraft stability and control; and research and support facilities (air).
- Astronautics: Includes astronautics (general); astrodynamics; ground support systems and facilities (space); launch vehicles and launch operations; space transportation and safety; space communications, spacecraft communications, command, and tracking; spacecraft design, testing and performance; spacecraft instrumentation and astrionics; and spacecraft propulsion and power.
- Chemistry & Materials: Includes chemistry and materials (general); composite materials; inorganic, organic and physical chemistry; metals and metallic materials; nonmetallic materials; propellants and fuels; and space processing.
- Engineering: Includes engineering (general); communications and radar; electronics and electrical engineering; fluid mechanics and thermodynamics; instrumentation and photography; lasers and masers; mechanical engineering; quality assurance and reliability; and structural mechanics.
- Geosciences: Includes geosciences (general); earth resources and remote sensing; energy production and conversion; environment pollution; geophysics; meteorology and climatology; and oceanography.
- Life Sciences: Includes life sciences (general); aerospace medicine; behavioral sciences; man/system technology and life support; and exobiology.
- Mathematical & Computer Sciences: Includes mathematical and computer sciences (general); computer operations and hardware; computer programming and software; computer systems; cybernetics, artificial intelligence and robotics; numerical analysis; statistics and probability; systems analysis and operations research; and theoretical mathematics.
- Physics: Includes physics (general); acoustics; atomic and molecular physics; nuclear physics; optics; plasma physics; solid-state physics; and physics of elementary particles and fields.
- Social & Information Sciences: Includes social and information sciences (general); administration and management; documentation and information science; economics and cost analysis; law, political science, and space policy; and technology utilization and surface transportation.
- Space Sciences: Includes space sciences (general); astronomy; astrophysics; lunar and planetary science and exploration; solar physics; and space radiation.
- General: Includes aerospace related reports of a general or broad nature; histories, biographies, or overviews of aerospace programs.
"acquires and preserves data relevant to gerontological research, processing as needed to promote effective research use, disseminates them to researchers, and facilitates their use"
"Publications: The Bibliography of Data-related Literature is a continuously-updated database of thousands of citations of works using data held in the ICPSR and NACDA archive. The works include journal articles, books, book chapters, government and agency reports, working papers, dissertations, conference papers, meeting presentations, unpublished manuscripts, magazine and newspaper articles, and audiovisual materials."
"The mission of the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD) is to facilitate research in criminal justice and criminology, through the preservation, enhancement, and sharing of computerized data resources; through the production of original research based on archived data; and through specialized training workshops in quantitative analysis of crime and justice data."
Publications - Online Bibliography of Data-related Literature: "contains over 37,000 citations of published and unpublished works resulting from analyses of data held in the ICPSR archive. Publications include journal articles, books, book chapters, government and agency reports, working papers, dissertations, conference papers, meeting presentations, and unpublished manuscripts."
Provides the full text of the NBER's Working Papers back to 1994.
Browse papers by:
- Archive of Earlier Papers
- JEL Class
- NBER Program
- NBER Working Groups
- Recent Working Papers JEL Class:
(A) General Economics and Teaching
(B) Methodology and History of Economics Thought
(C) Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
(E) Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
(F) International Economics
(G) Financial Economics
(H) Public Economics
(I) Health, Education, and Welfare
(J) Labor and Demographic Economics
(K) Law and Economics
(L) Industrial Organization
(M) Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting
(N) Economic History
(O) Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth
(P) Economic Systems
(Q) Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics
(R) Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
(Z) Other Special Topics
"The NCJRS Abstracts Database contains summaries of over 200,000 U.S. and international publications, including federal, state, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, audiovisual presentations, and unpublished research."
- Alternatives to incarceration
- Crime deterrence and prevention
- Criminal justice statistics
- Drug policy
- Juvenile justice
- Law enforcement
- Police training
- Probation and parole
- Victims of crime
"Clinical practice guidelines are statements that include recommendations intended to optimize patient care that are informed by a systematic review of evidence and an assessment of the benefits and harms of alternative care options."
- Clinical Specialty
- Guideline Category
- Health Services Administration
- Implementation Tools
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) Care Need
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) Domain
- Intended Users
- Method of Guideline Validation
- Methods Used to Analyze the Evidence
- Methods Used to Assess the Quality and Strength of the Evidence
- Methods Used to Collect/Select the Evidence
- Methods Used to Formulate the Recommendations
- Organization Type
- Target Population
National Trade Data Bank* (NTDB) in STAT-USA (U.S. Dept of Commerce)
STAT-USA was a single point of access to authoritative business, trade, and economic information from across the Federal Government which ceased in 2010. See a list of links to resources which were used for NTDB.
Information about herbs, supplements and other "natural" medicines.
Evidence-Based Monographs - "The core database contains the detailed, evidence-based monographs on individual natural ingredients (e.g., glucosamine, echinacea, etc). There are currently almost 1,100 monographs on these individual natural ingredients."
- Monograph Name, Also Known As, Scientific Names
- People Use This For
- Safety Rating
- Effectiveness Rating
- Mechanism of Action
- Adverse Reactions
- Drug Influences on Nutrient Levels & Depletion
- Dosage & Administration Brand Name Products - "This Database contains information for over 90,000 brand name products. For each brand name product, the Database provides an ingredient listing. Each ingredient then links directly to the evidence-based ingredient monograph that provides detailed information on safety, effectiveness, interactions, dosing, and other practical information." USP Verified Brands - "The United States Pharmacopeia (USP) verifies brand name products that meet rigorous quality standards." Clinically Studied Brands - "The Database provides an Editor’s Comment and Effectiveness Rating for each commercial brand name product that has been studied in a clinical trial." Canadian Licensed Natural Health Products - "In 2004, Canada began regulating natural medicines as a category of products separate from foods or drugs. These products are officially recognized as Natural Health Products. These products include vitamins, minerals, herbal preparations, homeopathic products, probiotics, fatty acids, amino acids, and other naturally derived supplements." Herbal Fixed Combination Products - "Traditional Chinese medicines and Ayurvedic medicines often come in a “fixed combination” of herbal ingredients. The combinations represent standard herbal formulations with specific, unique names."
Database for searching information on stocks, companies, industries and mutual funds. Access to nine of the most popular S&P publications including Stock Reports, Industry Surveys, Corporation Records, and The Outlook.
"This database enables neuroscientists to keep abreast of major advances within the field and their implications for other medical specialties. The database covers all aspects of vertebrate and invertebrate neuroscience, emphasizing basic research but also including such devastating neural diseases as Alzheimer's."
"approximately 200 full-length feature films from leading independent distributors such as Kino Lorber, First Run Features, Film Movement, MK2, and the Global Films Initiative, along with approximately fifty award-winning shorts"
- Asia & the West: Diplomacy & Cultural Exchange
- British Politics & Society
- British Theatre, Music, & Literature: High & Popular Culture
- Europe & Africa: Commerce, Christianity, Civilization & Conquest
- European Literature, 1790-1840: The Corvey Collection
- Photography: The World through the Lens
- Science, Technology & Medicine, 1780-1925
- Women: Transnational Networks
A comprehensive reference work covering all aspects of the Canadian and American Theatre. "O’Dell’s Annals of the New York Stage, the Oxford University Press Companion series, and Greenwood’s American Theatre Companies series are just a few of the many in-copyright sources included in the Theatre in Context Collection. Placed alongside thousands of playbills, posters, photographs, and related theatrical ephemera, users will be able to paint a more comprehensive picture of the life and evolution of dramatic works."
-Small Arms Trade Database -- "the world's only on-line global database of small arms transfers. It contains over one million records detailing transfers between some 250 states and territories over the period 1962-2011."
-Due to a lack of funding, the NISAT database isn't being maintained as of October 2017.
provides access to thousands of full-text, online EPA publications.
NTIS* (CSA) (1964+)
The NTIS Database produced by the National Technical Information Service, is the preeminent resource for accessing the latest U.S. government-sponsored research and worldwide scientific, technical, engineering, and business-related information.
"Nursing Education in Video is a unique online collection of videos created specifically for the education and training of nurses, nursing assistants, and other healthcare workers. All of the videos in the collection have been created with the guidance of the Medcom-Trainex advisory board, and are regularly reviewed for accuracy, currency, and compliance with US Federal regulations from agencies such as OSHA and CMS."
This collection has been upgraded to the 2nd edition and now has over 400 videos.